PCR Machine

Louis Hom

Jul 2, 2015, 12:56:45 AM7/2/15
to biocu...@googlegroups.com

I have an Eppendorf Mastercycler 5331 Gradient Thermocycler free to any interested tinkerer out there.  It was working great, but then the fan died and in the process of replacing it I accidentally disconnected a ribbon cable.  I'm not sure how to get it back into place.  Let me know if you'd like to take it off my hands;  I'd hate to send it to e-waste.  (Working machines sell for upward of $800 on eBay -- it's been a great little workhorse.)

Marc Juul

Jul 2, 2015, 4:17:26 AM7/2/15
to Louis Hom, biocurious
On Wed, Jul 1, 2015 at 9:56 PM, Louis Hom <lou...@gmail.com> wrote:

I have an Eppendorf Mastercycler 5331 Gradient Thermocycler free to any interested tinkerer out there.  It was working great, but then the fan died and in the process of replacing it I accidentally disconnected a ribbon cable.  I'm not sure how to get it back into place.  Let me know if you'd like to take it off my hands;  I'd hate to send it to e-waste.  (Working machines sell for upward of $800 on eBay -- it's been a great little workhorse.)

If neither BioCurious nor CCL wants it I'll take it, fix it up and give it to another hackerspace (maybe noisebridge) that wants it and include a tutorial on how to use it for species identification.

--
marc/juul

Jay Hanson

Jul 3, 2015, 1:20:12 PM7/3/15
to Louis Hom, biocu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Louis;
If nobody else wants it, I will be glad to take it off your hands and see if I can get it working!
Thanks,
-jay

On Jul 1, 2015, at 9:56 PM, Louis Hom <lou...@gmail.com> wrote:

I have an Eppendorf Mastercycler 5331 Gradient Thermocycler free to any interested tinkerer out there.  It was working great, but then the fan died and in the process of replacing it I accidentally disconnected a ribbon cable.  I'm not sure how to get it back into place.  Let me know if you'd like to take it off my hands;  I'd hate to send it to e-waste.  (Working machines sell for upward of $800 on eBay -- it's been a great little workhorse.)

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "BioCurious" group.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/biocurious.