Coming up at BioCurious

Maria Chavez

Mar 30, 2016, 7:26:42 PM3/30/16
to biocurious
I hope spring is going well for everyone, we are looking forward to an exciting year at the lab.

We have new equipment, we finally have a  qPCR machine from ChaiBio. The community projects continue to make progress.  We invite you to stop in and see how they are doing.

Some highlights for the month include our new sold out DNA Barcoding class - a waitlist is being formed for the next time we offer the class.

__________________________

April 4th, 7:15 PM (during our regular Quantum Biology meetup)

We have graphene at BioCurious. The Quantum Biology team has been learning how move graphene from one material to another.  As we move ahead with graphene transfer technology at BioCurious, it would be nice to brainstorm more ideas for bio and medical devices based on graphene nanomaterials.  We are inspired by these ideas for new and interesting medical devices.

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/225615-graphene-patch-monitors-blood-glucose-and-auto-injects-treatment

Agenda to be announced, Zoom link may be available

Signup at: http://www.meetup.com/BioCurious/events/229627380/

_________________________________

April 16th, 5pm

Community Meeting, Potluck, and Lab Cleanup

Join us and get to know the community better. The Pot Luck is a chance to celebrate all the success we've had as a community the last year.

At the Community Update the board will let everyone know how the lab is doing and give an update on projects. This is a great chance to get involved in helping our on growing our lab. Remember everything is run by volunteers.

After the Community Meeting wraps up, we plan to start a much needed fridge and freezer cleanup, along with general lab cleaning. Please stay and help out if you can.

When: April 16th

Time: 5 - 6pm Pot Luck
6 - 7pm Community Update
7 - 9pm Lab Cleanup