Announcing GEEKTOBERFEST: A celebration of bio and beer, 10/1 @ The Tech, brought to you by BioCurious

Eri Gentry

Sep 6, 2015, 12:35:42 AM9/6/15
to biocurious, biocurio...@googlegroups.com, Danny H, Emily Ramos, ari...@mac.com, Charles Spurgeon
Inline image 2

Hi bio team!

Really pleased to announce Geektoberfest, a festival of beer and the science behind it. This event is happening October 1st, 7-11pm and is brought to you by BioCurious and The Tech, as part of their Creative Collisions program.

It takes your regular beer tasting events up a notch, with not only phenomenal local craft beer tastings, but demos on how to make beer, enzymatic reactions, flavor dynamic and yeast genetics, food preservation techniques and more!

This large-scale event is a first for BioCurious, and we're excited to bring together science lovers and brewers to inspire some amazing brewcraft of the future. Hope you'll join us!

Tickets are on sale now (early bird: $25) -- RSVPhttps://www.thetech.org/programs/creative-collisions

----

Volunteering

Thanks to those of you who've already offered to volunteer for the event! If you're hearing about this for the first time and would like to volunteer, we've got a few slots left for friendly pourers. Email e...@biocurious.org with your interest!

---

Participating Breweries include:

Hermitage Brewing Company
Santa Clara Valley Brewing