Great new project and events at BioCurious

Maria Chavez

Mar 16, 2015, 10:24:25 PM3/16/15
to biocurious
Hi All,

Wow, just when we thought we were busy at the lab lots more going on!

We are excited to announce a new community project/hackathon, to build a microscope.  Join us Wednesday March 18th at 7pm for the first meetup.  This project is expected to take at least 4 Wednesday evenings and is being lead by our equipment guru, Eric Harness.  Please pass the word along if you know of anyone itching to do some hardware or software hacking.  http://www.meetup.com/BioCurious/events/220927690/

We are forming the 2015 iGEM team and the first meeting will be Saturday March 21st at 11am http://www.meetup.com/BioCurious/events/221152242/

Friday the 20th join us for the monthly hangout at BioSalon, a chance to talk shop and biotech at 7pm http://www.meetup.com/BioCurious/events/220808220/

Ongoing events:

Tuesdays - BioChem for Newbies at 7:30pm a chance to jump in and learn BioChem http://www.meetup.com/BioCurious/events/220807919/

Thursdays - BioPrinter Community project at 7pm drop in and see the latest work on the project that has been running for over 3 years http://www.meetup.com/BioCurious/events/221141820/

Alternating Saturdays - Quantum Biology Community Project at 2pm a chance to work on the intersection of physics and biology as we build our own Surface Plasmom Resonance device.  http://www.meetup.com/BioCurious/events/220852699/

I hope to see everyone around the lab.  More great events coming up and we just got more equipment donations we will be announcing soon.

Best,

Maria Chavez
Class Manager
BioCurious