Genewiz giving away $45K in free sequencing!

Patrik D'haeseleer

May 17, 2017, 6:35:39 PM5/17/17
to biocurious, CCL board, cclme...@googlegroups.com, countercu...@googlegroups.com
GENEWIZ DNA Awards: Recognizing Excellence in Genomics

Check this out! Ten unique ways to win up to $5,000 of GENEWIZ credit. Apply for a GENEWIZ DNA Award by telling us how you would use the funding to support your genomics research project. All eligible entries received during the Submission Period (May 1-June 2) will be reviewed by a GENEWIZ committee and winners will be announced during GENEWIZ Week, June 12-16.

They are giving away up to $5000 in credit for Synthetic DNA Libraries
Projects, Whole Genome Sequencing with PacBio Sequel, Single-cell RNA-Sequencing with 10X GENOMICS Chromium, Gene Editing Validation with GENEWIZ’s genoTYPER-NEXT, GLP-Compliant Regulatory Services, GLP-Compliant Regulatory Services, and Whole Genome Sequencing Metagenomics.

I think the PacBio whole genome sequencing and the metagenomics could be useful to fuel all sorts of cool projects at CCL and BioCurious. And the Single-cell RNAseq would be awesome for the cuttlefish project.

Note that this is NOT A RANDOM LOTTERY - we're better off putting in a couple of strong entries than overwhelming them with a bunch of weak "I want one too!" entries.

Let's try to brainstorm some ideas next week, after Maker Faire...

Patrik

PS: You can also nominate a genomics researcher, and both of you will be entered in a drawing for $5K in Genewiz services. Or nominate your startup lab for another $5K drawing.