Volunteer for Maker Faire

Maria Chavez

May 4, 2017, 12:27:09 AM5/4/17
Hi All!

Its that time of year again.  I will be coordinating a booth for the Bay Area BioHackers for Maker Faire and will be looking for volunteers.

This booth will include BioCurious, Counter Culture Labs, and Berkeley Bio Labs.

Please note the dates for this year:

Thursday May 18th EVENT SETUP
Friday May 19th 12pm - 5pm PRESHOW
Saturday May 20th 10am - 7pm FULL DAY
Sunday May 21st 10am - 6pm FULL DAY

We need people to staff the booth, as well as some help with setup and some to show up for tear down and to take things back.  Staffing the booth is an amazing opportunity for talking to the public and showing off our amazing projects.  Reliabilty and enthusium are the two things we most need in volunteers.

We have had one of the busiest booths at the event and have won ribbons including Editors Choice, and Best Educational Booth. Last year there were 150,000 attendees at Maker Faire over the three days.  I will start a doc to start brain storming what we will be featuring in the booth and what hands on activities we will have.

Please let me know if you'd like to help out.   You can see shifts here and can email me to signup - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15wNqXehmftrX8X4JJNQc7of1RyxPAvU3UHxaYl60b9s/edit?usp=sharing

I look forward to a very busy Maker Faire!

Cheers,

Maria Chavez
Board Member
BioCurious