Fwd: David Collins Memorial Fund

Eri Gentry

May 20, 2015, 2:14:59 PM5/20/15
to biocurious
Hi BioCurious,

We are saddened to hear that David Collins has passed after a long illness. David was manager of the Bio-Link Equipment Depot a real friend BioCurious. He shared our mission of increasing access to the tools of science and actively made sure that our, and many other local labs, got what they needed to do good work.

Please join me in supporting the memory of David and his family by contributing to his memorial fund if you are able, or by sharing the sentiment with others.

I want to thank Duane for sharing the site and reminding us how we can and should support one another.

- Eri

Jun 1, 2015, 11:31:14 PM6/1/15
to biocu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Duane and Eri! Great idea, thank you for sharing this site.

We were talking about Dave yesterday at office hours. What a great guy. BioCurious was definitely an odd duck during our first days of visiting the BioLink Depot. I remember the standard introduction question people would ask eachother was "what school are you at?" because everyone else there was a teacher. One specific memory I have is that our centrifuge broke down, and there wasn't a equipment giveaway coming up, but Raymond talked with David who graciously connected us with a centrifuge and saved the day!

The fund is at about 50%, $2145 of $4000: https://www.giveforward.com/fundraiser/wxq8/the-david-collins-memorial-fund

Tito

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "BioCurious" group.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/biocurious.