Re: [CCL] MakerFaire

Patrik D'haeseleer

Feb 14, 2015, 6:18:47 PM2/14/15
to Cere Mona Davis, cclabs, biocurious
Yikes - thanks for catching that, Cere.

No, we don't have anything submitted yet that I know of, but we did talk of doing a large joint booth again like last year, together with BioCurious and anyone else who wants to pitch in.

We're also planning to do a DIYbio panel session at MakerCon the week before, but we still have until March 10 to sign up for that.

Patrik

On Sat, Feb 14, 2015 at 3:05 PM, Cere Mona Davis <cere...@gmail.com> wrote:
Deadline is tomorrow at midnight.  Does CCL have anything submitted?

--
Best Regards,
Cere Davis

Patrik D'haeseleer

Feb 16, 2015, 12:17:59 AM2/16/15
to Cere Mona Davis, cclabs, biocurious
Looks like there's a second round of applications until February 26, but I think we should apply today regardless.

Does anyone want to volunteer to be in charge of organizing our Maker Faire booth this year? If so, you should probably file the application. I'm happy to help out, but I prefer not to be in charge. I've set up a google doc to fill in all the necessary fields here:

I would propose we enter under a common name - something like "Bay Area Biohackers" or "BioCurious and Counter Culture Labs" (or vice versa - depending on who files the application). There's probably only space for one website link though, so unless someone wants to set up a common website, we may need to pick one.

Patrik

Maria Chavez

Feb 16, 2015, 12:31:32 AM2/16/15
to Patrik D'haeseleer, Cere Mona Davis, cclabs, biocurious
Hi Patrik,

Thanks for the reminder!  I'd be happy to co-coordinate the booth but I'd like someone else to help with wrangling all the cats as it were.

Looking at the application now - I'll make notes in the doc you setup.

I think "Bay Area BioHackers" or "Bay Area DIY Bio" is the best name for a joint CCL/BioC booth.

-Maria

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "BioCurious" group.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/biocurious.

Patrik D'haeseleer

Feb 16, 2015, 2:58:21 AM2/16/15
to Maria Chavez, Cere Mona Davis, cclabs, biocurious
Ok - just finished registering under the name Bay Area BioHackers (Record ID 50726), with Maria as the primary contact.

Of course, it turned out there were 3 additional pages of info to fill out - grrr. Something worth remembering for next year!

Patrik

Patrik D'haeseleer

Feb 16, 2015, 2:59:52 AM2/16/15
to Maria Chavez, Cere Mona Davis, cclabs, biocurious
I also registered the domain bayareabiohackers.org. Nothing there yet for now.

Patrik