Need Volunteers for Maker Faire

Maria Chavez

Apr 28, 2015, 10:59:08 PM4/28/15
to biocurious, biocurious-pr...@googlegroups.com, BioCurious Helpers
Hi All,

Coming up on May 15, 16, and 17th is MakerFaire, at the San Mateo
Convention center. I am coordinating the Bay Area DIYBIo booth and
need volunteers to staff it. This is a great chance to check out
MakerFaire and to get to talk about BioCurious, CCL, etc and the
projects we do here. We are especially short on Friday.

I have some free tickets and discounted passes to MakerFaire and they
are first come first serve to those that are staffing.

- 3 free all weekend passes that will get you in for all three days
- 2 free tickets for Friday only
- 2 free tickets for Saturday or Sunday
- Unlimited Friday discounted tickets
- 6 discounted Saturday or Sunday tickets

I have the codes to obtain these tickets for folks who want to work at
the booth. I will send these out in the next two weeks. Everyone
will be responsible for
getting to the event and paying for their own parking. Try to talk to
others on your shift to coordinate getting to the event. I will also
help with this to some extent.

To sign up for a shift please let me know which shift you'd like on
this spread sheet and I will add you.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vR7Suk8gTvNFb7B6-r_Jsjez8AXTHGQ3RI0RW43DaDU/edit#gid=0

Looking forward to seeing you all at Maker Faire. We have taken
various ribbon awards the last several years including Editors Choice
and Top Educational Booth. The event attracts over 120,000 over the
weekend so a wonderful opportunity to show off our work. More to come
in the following weeks.

Take care,

Maria