Re: Abridged summary of bio-phylo@googlegroups.com - 1 Message in 1 Topic

László Nagy

Sep 12, 2012, 2:02:25 PM9/12/12
to bio-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rutger,

thanks, but I still cant find how to add characters. I might have not noticed something very basic. Is there something like add_new_character, or a method to add new entry to the matrix?

thanks,
Laszlo

2012/9/12 <bio-...@googlegroups.com>

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/bio-phylo/topics

    Rutger Vos <rutge...@gmail.com> Sep 12 10:16AM +0100

    Hi László,

    the list of characters is automatically updated as the matrix
    grows/shrinks. This is done by means of a listener subroutine:
    Bio::Phylo::Matrices::Matrix::_update_characters()
    ...more

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Group bio-phylo.
You can post via email.
To unsubscribe from this group, send an empty message.
For more options, visit this group.

Rutger Vos

Sep 13, 2012, 4:31:24 AM9/13/12
to bio-...@googlegroups.com
Hi László,

if you add a matrix row that is longer than the current nchar, more
characters will be added. If you want to add characters by hand, you
can do something like:

my $chars = $matrix->get_characters;
my $new_char = $factory->create_character( '-name' => 'myNewChar' );
$chars->insert($new_char);

Hope this helps!

Rutger
--