Cheap Oven for Solder Reflow

Tom Van den Bon

Dec 18, 2013, 10:26:13 AM12/18/13
to house...@googlegroups.com, binar...@googlegroups.com, h4h...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Peter (from openhardware.co.za) pointed me to the following small oven from Hifi-Corp for possible reflow soldering. Its only R300 (with possible free delivery).

It was cheap enough to get it and give it a try. I received it a while back but only got time today to test it out and it actually seems good. It's a cute little thing. Gives off some smoke, but could be because it's new with some stickers inside.

Did some basic tests with the prototype smd oven controller that Ignatius is working on  and it seems like it will work just fine. It's a bit slow and the temperature variance between different locations in the oven is a bit high,  I ran a basic reflow profile and it followed it pretty good (especially on the important parts). Still needs a bit of tweaking and I haven't run a board through it yet, but so far I'm happy with it.

I'll do a write up on it all soon when it's fully tested, but because I have no idea how long this oven will still be available for that price I figured i'd post it here :) (You still buy it at your own risk though ;))

Inline image 1

--
Tom Van den Bon

IMG_20131218_171452.jpg

Org Jansen van Rensburg

Mar 30, 2014, 4:26:31 PM3/30/14
to binar...@googlegroups.com
For those of you who is interested, Hifi corp has got a special on the oven until tomorrow. It is R259 but it is online only. And only 9 left.

http://www.hificorp.co.za/product/1038365/byd:sign-toaster-oven-to900/

--
http://www.binaryspace.co.za
---

Org Jansen van Rensburg

Mar 30, 2014, 4:27:46 PM3/30/14
to binar...@googlegroups.com, house...@googlegroups.com, h4h...@googlegroups.com
For those of you who is interested, Hifi corp has got a special on the oven until tomorrow. It is R259 but it is online only. And only 9 left.

http://www.hificorp.co.za/product/1038365/byd:sign-toaster-oven-to900/

(Sorry Binaryspace for duplicating. Replying to others as well)