Fwd: 2018 BIKE! Charlotte

Christine Weber

Mar 10, 2018, 5:27:02 PM3/10/18
to bikem...@googlegroups.com

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Neal Boyd <ne...@s2fcharlotte.com>
Date: Thu, Mar 8, 2018 at 12:10 PM
Subject: 2018 BIKE! Charlotte
To: Neal Boyd <ne...@s2fcharlotte.com>
Cc: ca...@s2fcharlotte.com

Greetings to you all! I hope this email finds you well on this chilly winter day.

We, here at Start 2 Finish, have wonderful news.  We are well into the planning of the 2018 edition of the ever popular BIKE! Charlotte. We look forward to another great event that encourages our friends, family and co-workers to breakout the bicycle.  The theme for BIKE! Charlotte, held April 27 – May 13,  is once again Riding for a Better Community.  We are excited to announce the new logo has been completed and the website is updated.  We will continue to update the website as receive event info from all of you.

BIKE! Charlotte will kick-off on April 27 with the Mayors Ride-Bike to Breakfast. For a complete listing of current 2018 events, visit www.bikecharlotte.org  We are very excited to say many of you have reached out to say you want would like to host an event.  We need to get your info posted on the website ASAP.  Even if the event is still in the planning stages (most are), we need the following info so we can post it to the website.  If your event is already posted, PLEASE verify the info is correct.

Casey Curtis is working with me to help post info on the website. We are creating a webpage for each event and we MUST have the info below before we can add it.  Please CC Casey Curtis on the email when you send your event info.

 @ Bike Shops…please send along any and all urban causal rides but we are not posting the standard Tues/Thurs and Saturday/Sunday hammerfest spandex rides. Also, we have a “Bike Perks” page on the website so shops can add BIKE! Charlotte deals during the two week celebration of the bike.

VERY IMPORTANT – SEE BELOW

EVENT NAME & DATE

Brief three to four line description of the event that will entice and encourage people to attend.  Please use complete sentences.

Start Location: Name and physical address
Time:  event start and finish time
Who Participates: everyone, adults, kids, etc???
Participation Cost:
Event Link: website or Facebook
Contact:   the more contact info the better.

Here’s a sample event………………………

 Mayors Ride-Bike to Breakfast – April 27, 2018

Seize the opportunity to show support for cycling in Charlotte!  Ride and mingle with City elected officials and private leaders as we kickoff BIKE! Charlotte with the Bike to Work Breakfast. It’s a short ride, but one of the most important you could ever participate in if you support cycling in the Queen City! Free breakfast from Lola's and coffee and juice will follow the ride at the Government Center plaza on 4th Street.

Start Location: Dowd YMCA (400 E. Morehead St.) in the parking lot behind the YMCA
End Location: Government Center plaza (600 East 4th Street, Charlotte, NC)
Time:  Ride leaves Dowd YMCA at 7:45 AM, Breakfast and celebration begins 8am at Government Center
Who Participates: Open to Everyone
Participation Cost:  FREE
Event Link: https://biketowork.racesonline.com/
Contact:  Neal Boyd @ nealboyd@charlottesportscycling.com or 704.575.4398

Feel free to pass this along to anyone you know who may be interested in hosting a BIKE! Charlotte event.   Thank you all so much!!

Cheers!

Neal Boyd
8618 Monroe Rd, Charlotte, NC 28212

O: 704-893-3800  | C: 704-575-4398