FW: BIKE! Charlotte Kick Off April 25

John Cock

Apr 16, 2014, 10:45:49 PM4/16/14
to bikem...@googlegroups.com

FYI. . .

John Cock
Principal, Southeast Region

Alta Planning + Design

108 S. Main Street, Suite B (physical)
PO Box 2453 (mailing), Davidson NC 28036
ph:
704-255-6200 (office); 704-968-5053 (mobile)
www.altaplanning.com

transportation | recreation | innovation

"Creating active communities where bicycling and walking are safe, healthy, fun, and normal daily activities"

Alta is a Platinum level Bicycle-Friendly Business

Apr 17, 2014, 3:52:08 PM4/17/14
to bikem...@googlegroups.com
Even more fun... The WeeklyRides.com Ride with the Mayor.

Details are at https://www.facebook.com/events/634103276638249/

WeeklyRides.com and the Mayor of Biketown will ride from Park Road Shopping Center to the Dowd YMCA where we will join forces with hundreds of other cyclists attending the Bike Charlotte kick-off "Bike To Work Breakfast".

Bike To Work Breakfast is your opportunity to show support for cycling in Charlotte! Ride and mingle with the local government decision makers and politicians. It’s a short ride but one of the most important you could ever participate in, if you support cycling in the Queen City! Free breakfast provided by Lola's will follow the ride at the City Hall on 4th Street. Don't forget to bring that brown leather Fossil briefcase with your "contribution" for the Mayor of Biketown!

Date: Friday April 25, 2014
Location: Park Road Shopping Center nearest the Caribou Coffee Shop.
Time: 6:50am - 9:00am (Please arrive early and be ready to roll at 6:50am)
Who Participates: This is an easy ride designed for all cyclists. The ride will include a sweep to keep everyone together. Children are welcomed but anyone under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian who is also riding a bicycle. Please bring a helmet, a good sense of humor and a happy early morning disposition. Caribou Coffee will be open if it's determined that you need a disposition adjustment. We will regroup after breakfast around 8:30am for the ride back to our start site. The route back will include a fun ride along the Light Rail trail through South End and the historic Sedgefield neighborhood before returning to the Park Road Shopping Center. The ride is 5 miles out and 5 miles back. This ride will be cancelled if it is raining.
Cost: FREE!
Contact: Jeff Viscount (je...@weeklyrides.com) or 704-641-5966.