Fwd: ACTION ALERT: Stand up for our parks and greenways!

John Cock

Jul 15, 2017, 6:57:35 AM7/15/17
to bikem...@googlegroups.com

John Cock
Alta Planning + Design
from my phone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Sustain Charlotte <branyn....@sustaincharlotte.org>
Date: July 15, 2017 at 6:42:22 AM EDT
To: John Cock <john...@altaplanning.com>
Subject: ACTION ALERT: Stand up for our parks and greenways!

Sustain Charlotte
John --

As a follow-up to our action alert last month, today I am asking you to sign our petition in support of funding for Mecklenburg County's parks and greenways.

The need to add your voice is urgent.

Greenwayriders.jpg
Walking and biking trails are the most requested park amenity in Mecklenburg County!

On August 2nd, the Mecklenburg Board of County Commissioners (BOCC) will vote on whether to approve more than $110 million ($71.25 million next year and $43.5 million for fiscal year 2020) in public funding to build a Major League Soccer stadium in Charlotte.

Yet many of the park and greenway projects that Mecklenburg residents voted to fund in 2008 still haven't been built. Click here for a map of them.

Join us in asking your County Commissioners and County Manager to first honor the $250M bond package that Mecklenburg County voters approved to fund the 10-Year Park and Recreation Comprehensive Master Plan (2008 – 2018).  It's been nearly ten years since voters approved this investment, yet thirteen Mecklenburg County park and greenway projects from the 2008 voter-approved bond package remain unbuilt and unfunded.

Here's how you can help:
  • Sign the petition to let your Mecklenburg County Commissioners and County Manager know that you want them to complete our long overdue parks and greenways plan. In less than a week we've already collected nearly 1,000 signatures.  Help us get to 2,000 today to send a clear message to our county leaders.
  • Share the petition on social media and by personal e-mail with your friends, family, and colleagues after you've signed it. Be sure and use hashtag #SupportMeckParks.
  • Consider becoming a member of Sustain Charlotte to help us continue informing and engaging you and your neighbors on this issue -- and others -- that determine the quality of life here in Mecklenburg County. Thanks to a generous matching grant from the Blumenthal Foundation, any donation you make before July 19 will be doubled, and have twice the impact!

Thanks in advance for your support of our local parks and greenways.

Shannon Binns
Founder + Executive Director
Sustain Charlotte

Follow us on

Sustain Charlotte · 2151 Hawkins St, Suite #200, Charlotte, NC 28203, United States
This email was sent to john...@altaplanning.com. To stop receiving emails, click here.
You can also keep up with Sustain Charlotte on Twitter or Facebook.

Created with NationBuilder.