Fwd: Action Alert: Save the Bike Commuter Tax Benefit!

John Cock

Nov 13, 2017, 2:51:54 PM11/13/17
to bikem...@googlegroups.com, meg.f...@sustaincharlotte.org, Kate Cavazza
FYI...

John Cock
Alta Planning + Design
704-968-5053

Begin forwarded message:

From: Palmetto Cycling Coalition <in...@pccsc.net>
Date: November 13, 2017 at 2:24:01 PM EST
To: john...@altaplanning.com
Subject: Action Alert:  Save the Bike Commuter Tax Benefit!

Action Alert:  Palmetto Cycling Coalition
November 13, 2017

Save the Bike Commuter Benefit!
Contact your Legislator today!

Take Action TODAY.
From the League of American Bicyclists:

The proposed Senate tax bill ENDS bike commuter benefit BUT keeps commuter tax breaks for driving!

It is especially important we contact Senator Scott, because he serves on the US Senate Finance committee.

The Senate tax reform plan eliminates the bike commuter benefit while keeping commuter benefits for driving and riding transit! If Congress is going to support benefits for some commuters, they should offer them to all commuters. The commuter parking benefit costs the federal government over $7 billion each year - 35 times the highest possible cost of the bike benefit.

Learn more about the Bike Commuter tax Benefit
.

For resources for further involvement, check out our Action Center

donate now button
We are only as strong as the members that support us, so please donate and be a part of our efforts today!

Palmetto Cycling Coalition | www.palmettocycling.org

Palmetto Cycling Coalition, Mailing Address, 141-F Pelham Drive, Suite 116, Columbia, SC 29209
Sent by in...@pccsc.net in collaboration with
Constant Contact