Fwd: We Need YOU to Help Propel Cycling in Charlotte Forward!

John Cock

Jul 6, 2017, 1:53:40 PM7/6/17
to bikem...@googlegroups.com
Fyi

John Cock
Alta Planning + Design
from my phone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Kate Cavazza <kate.c...@sustaincharlotte.org>
Date: July 6, 2017 at 1:51:33 PM EDT
To: John Cock <john...@altaplanning.com>
Subject: We Need YOU to Help Propel Cycling in Charlotte Forward!

Hi John,

Hope you had an excellent July 4th holiday!

I am writing to invite you to our first public action workshop (July 20th from 5:30-7:30 pm at CPCC) to propel cycling in Charlotte forward!  With support from the Knight Foundation and WeeklyRides.com, we are going to host eight quarterly workshops to help transform the City’s new five-year bike plan into reality.

We need leaders in the cycling community to come to the table and identify specific actions that we can all take to make Charlotte a better city for bicycling.  Having your voice in the conversation will engage participants and inspire action!

I’ve attached a copy of the flyer with event details.  Click here to register and select your preferred group discussions which are centered around the six elements of a bike-friendly city as defined in Charlotte’s new bike plan (equity, engineering, education, encouragement, enforcement, and evaluation).

If you have any questions, give me a call!

Thank you for your time and I am excited to see you on July 20th!

Kate

P.S. Bring friends!  It doesn't matter if they are just interested in biking but haven’t yet started, a weekend warrior, or a daily bike commuter -- everyone has a part to play in helping realize our City’s new vision for bicycling in Charlotte!

Shifting Gears Poster.pdf