Yearly (?) meeting schedules

Gike

Jan 27, 2013, 1:51:08 PM1/27/13
to biked...@googlegroups.com
Thank you all for your suggestions. ALL good ones.
We will start with every month for a few months, AND we will try both day and night meetings. I hope adding a morning session will allow more members to attend. Thoughts??
A possibility exists we can have day meetings at the new RecCenter, which would be my suggestion. We could still do night meetings at local tables, or ???
For the next week (jan 28-feb 3) this thread will get your opinion on having both meetings on the third Thursday's, at 730. Thats AM & PM. Starting Feb 21
As the new lead of the BikeDecatur peloton, i really want to make these meetings as accessible as possible.
Another option is one month days, one month nights..... or every other month both days same.

Peter Bradfield

Jan 27, 2013, 7:24:00 PM1/27/13
to biked...@googlegroups.com
I like the idea of both a morning and evening meetings, where some of us who can't really do nights as well can still participate in a morning meeting.  Perhaps it might be nice if we could also find a way to incorporate with morning meetings at the recreation center some bicycle yoga (yeah, one good idea from the Atlanta bicycle folks)?

Peter

Diane Loupe

Jan 27, 2013, 8:15:07 PM1/27/13
to biked...@googlegroups.com, biked...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, I can't do Thursday night because I teach...

Sent from my iPad

Peter Bradfield

Jan 27, 2013, 9:37:30 PM1/27/13
to biked...@googlegroups.com
BTW, I meant for morning meetings we could do some yoga for bicyclist.  Just wanted to clarify that very quickly or as quickly as I could.

Peter

Gike

Feb 19, 2013, 9:55:48 AM2/19/13
to biked...@googlegroups.com
Third Thursdays at 8am and 8pm is what has been decided on. This can change if enough members state their opinions. I am basing these times on my work schedule, and giving the Wonderful Decatur Thursday ride riders a chance to get back from their ride and attend. (maybe we could hold the meetings at mellow mushroom where most of the riders go to refuel??) For this month, the day meeting is at the new Rec Center, the night meeting is at Java Monkey. Both facilities have bike parking.

Fred Boykin, Jr.

Aug 27, 2013, 6:06:31 PM8/27/13
to biked...@googlegroups.com
Anyone have any idea what happened to the Ghost Bike and Ghost Chair down at the mini-park on N. Decatur Rd. They’re both gone and neither I nor the City Manager nor the Public Works Director know anything about it.

Fred Boykin

Gardner Neely

Aug 27, 2013, 7:58:23 PM8/27/13
to biked...@googlegroups.com
emory campu police might help.
let me write them.
Gard

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 6:06 PM, Fred Boykin, Jr. <fbo...@bicyclesouth.com> wrote:
Anyone have any idea what happened to the Ghost Bike and Ghost Chair down at the mini-park on N. Decatur Rd. They’re both gone and neither I nor the City Manager nor the Public Works Director know anything about it.

Fred Boykin

Gardner Neely

Aug 27, 2013, 9:21:34 PM8/27/13
to Fred Boykin, biked...@googlegroups.com
My note to Bike.emory.edu  is this:
The memorial white painted bike named for Paul Taylor, Emory staff PA, deceased April 2012,  has been reported missing from its place at bench on N Decatur & N Superior rd? according to Fred Boykin, city of Decatur commissioner. Any info or the bike/chair itself please contact  Fred at fbo...@bicyclesouth.com

Tonio Andrade

Aug 31, 2013, 5:15:05 PM8/31/13
to biked...@googlegroups.com, Fred Boykin
This is quite disturbing. I think it's important to have both of those there. I doubt very much that it was anyone in the bicycling or pedestrian community who removed them.

Tonio