Reminder: Google BigQuery API billing begins today (June 1, 2012)

Michael Manoochehri

Jun 1, 2012, 6:58:06 PM6/1/12
to bigquery...@googlegroups.com
Hello BigQuery Developers:

This is a reminder that billing for the Google BigQuery API starts today (June 1st, 2012).

Please note the following:

  1. The BigQuery API allows up to 100GB/mo of free query processing.
  2. After exceeding the free tier of query processing, your project must be signed up for billing. See our pricing page for more details. This is also required to be able to load data into the system.
  3. If you haven't activated billing on your project, and exceed the free quota, the BigQuery API will return a 403 "billingNotEnabled" error with the message: "Billing has not been enabled for this project."
  4. To enable billing on your project, you must register a credit card with Google Checkout.
  5. For more information, see this link for an overview of the Google API Console. Then see this page for steps to enable billing.
  6. Your first billing statement will arrive at the end of June, 2012.

BigQuery is currently priced according to the following rate sheet. If your needs exceed the specified usage limits, we encourage you to contact a sales representative.

Thank you,
- The BigQuery Team

Links: