RealTime MapReduce

Calmera

Aug 17, 2011, 4:27:06 PM8/17/11
to bigd...@googlegroups.com
Have any of you guys used a RealTime MapReduce alternative like yahoo's S4 or IBM's Infosphere Streams?

Are they useable or merely a proof of concept?

Daan.

Nathan Bijnens

Aug 17, 2011, 6:26:15 PM8/17/11
to bigd...@googlegroups.com
Datastax Brisk:
http://www.datastax.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/WP-Brisk.pdf

Sort of a HDFS (compatible) storage layer over Cassandra to provide more realtime features for Hadoop.

Haven't used it and haven't found out to much about it at other sites.

Nathan.

Karel Van Roey

Aug 17, 2011, 7:51:55 PM8/17/11
to bigd...@googlegroups.com
FYI
Twitter has promised to opensource their realtime mapreduce, called
Storm, in September.

http://engineering.twitter.com

Daan Gerits

Aug 18, 2011, 1:51:03 AM8/18/11
to bigd...@googlegroups.com

Yeah I have read about storm, sounds very nice indeed. Datastax seems very nice too but since it is based on cassandra I wonder if you need to move your data between cassandra/hadoop.