DBDBD 2011 Dutch-Belgian Database Day (2/12 te Utrecht)

Nathan Bijnens

Nov 7, 2011, 5:09:19 PM11/7/11
to bigd...@googlegroups.com
http://dbdbd.be/

iemand die interesse heeft om hier naartoe te gaan?

Ik overweeg het sterk. :-)

  Nathan

Wim Van Leuven

Nov 8, 2011, 2:51:30 AM11/8/11
to bigd...@googlegroups.com
I won't be able to make it.

The introductory lessons to BigData seem very interesting though. It might be an idea to get in touch and ask for group discount for our community members?  #wildidea

What do you think? Are there enough people interested?
-wim

Klaas Bosteels

Nov 8, 2011, 3:05:33 AM11/8/11
to bigd...@googlegroups.com
Not sure if the tutorial will be that interesting to be honest, but Jimmy's keynote should be good and he's definitely worth a chat if you get the chance...

-Klaas

geert van landeghem

Nov 8, 2011, 3:18:58 AM11/8/11
to bigd...@googlegroups.com
Those interested in Jimmy Lin's works, I can recommend his book "Data-Intensive Text Processing with MapReduce" which you can download at his home page at the university of Maryland (http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/~jimmylin/ click on the mapreduce book)

And he also contributed to the cloud9 mapreduce library which you can find here: http://lintool.github.com/Cloud9/

kind regards
Geert