Apache Tomcat Error 404

blackipedia

Sep 28, 2011, 12:40:19 PM9/28/11
to BigBlueButton-Setup
I have been installed big blue button in ubuntu 10.04.
after installing BBB, i can view the bbb homepage, but when i want to
create a user,
i can't join the meeting because of apache tomcat error 404.

here is the error message:

HTTP Status 404-/bigbluebutton/demo/demo1.jsp
type Status report
message bigbluebutton/demo/demo1.jsp
description The requested resource (bigbluebutton/demo/demo1.jsp) is
not available

Apache Tomcat/6.0.24

what should i do to solve this problem ?
i need your help, thanks...

Fred Dixon

Sep 28, 2011, 1:30:46 PM9/28/11
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

Two possibilities:

(1) Your upgrading from 0.71a -> 0.8-beta and your browser has cached
index.html. Refresh your browser and it should work. See

http://code.google.com/p/bigbluebutton/issues/detail?id=998

(2) In following the installation instructions, you omitted installing
bbb-demo, which is the code that implements joining a room from the
homepage. See

http://code.google.com/p/bigbluebutton/wiki/08InstallationUbuntu#5._Install_API_Demos

Regards,... Fred
--