Desktop Sharing not working

Josh

Apr 5, 2011, 5:07:58 PM4/5/11
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Hi,

I have setup the development VM for BBB (0.71a version) via these
directions: https://code.google.com/p/bigbluebutton/wiki/BigBlueButtonVM

I did checkout the source and made the first edit on the copyright as
described in the 'first edit' portion of the guide. bbb-conf doesn't
report any issues...

Everything works fine except desktop sharing...when I try to share my
desktop either region or full screen I just get the preview tab that
pops up with nothing in it. I've tried this on both Windows Vista and
Ubuntu Linux...multiple browsers Firefox/IE/Chrome...they all do the
same thing. I verified that the Java Plugin was working correctly in
each of the browsers.

I did check the /usr/share/red5/log/error.log file and I do see a
bunch of exceptions about executing the Service: deskshare method (see
more below). Is there something else I can check or try? i'm sure I've
messed something up but wondered if someone can point me in the
correct direction to fix it...obviously I could wipe the install and
start over but I would like to see if I can understand what is going
on a little bit before doing that.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Josh

Here is more of the error.log file dump:

2011-04-05 19:49:55,502 [NioProcessor-1] ERROR
o.r.server.service.ServiceInvoker - Error executing call: Service:
deskshare Method: checkIfStreamIsPublishing Num Params: 0
2011-04-05 19:49:55,533 [NioProcessor-1] ERROR
o.r.server.service.ServiceInvoker - Service invocation error
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: null
[na:1.6.0_20]
at
57) [na:1.6.0_20]
at
43) [na:1.6.0_20]
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616) [na:
1.6.0_20]
at
org.red5.server.service.ServiceInvoker.invoke(ServiceInvoker.java:200)
[red5.jar:na]
at
org.red5.server.service.ServiceInvoker.invoke(ServiceInvoker.java:118)
[red5.jar:na]
at
org.red5.server.net.rtmp.RTMPHandler.invokeCall(RTMPHandler.java:165)
[red5.jar:na]
at
org.red5.server.net.rtmp.RTMPHandler.onInvoke(RTMPHandler.java:418)
[red5.jar:na]
at
org.red5.server.net.rtmp.BaseRTMPHandler.messageReceived(BaseRTMPHandler.java:
138) [red5.jar:na]
at
org.red5.server.net.rtmp.RTMPMinaIoHandler.messageReceived(RTMPMinaIoHandler.java:
180) [red5.jar:na]
at org.apache.mina.core.filterchain.DefaultIoFilterChain
$TailFilter.messageReceived(DefaultIoFilterChain.java:713) [mina-
core-2.0.0-RC1.jar:na]
at
org.apache.mina.core.filterchain.DefaultIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(DefaultIoFilterChain.java:
434) [mina-core-2.0.0-RC1.jar:na]
at org.apache.mina.core.filterchain.DefaultIoFilterChain.access
$1200(DefaultIoFilterChain.java:46) [mina-core-2.0.0-RC1.jar:na]
at org.apache.mina.core.filterchain.DefaultIoFilterChain
$EntryImpl$1.messageReceived(DefaultIoFilterChain.java:793) [mina-
core-2.0.0-RC1.jar:na]

... lots more snipped ...

Josh

Apr 6, 2011, 8:53:36 PM4/6/11
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Just to close this out...I redid the VM from scratch and everything
started working again. Not sure what I messed up. :)

Fred Dixon

Apr 7, 2011, 5:29:01 AM4/7/11
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Josh,

No worries ... in writing the instructions, we have to go through them
a few times to convince ourselves they are correct. Glad to hear you
got it working.

Regards,... Fred