Fwd: Listeners' window -Not showing clients/attendees on the the conference call

Nadia Nouri

Jan 30, 2011, 5:10:19 PM1/30/11
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hello guys,

I was just trying the "http://demo.bigbluebutton.org" which I assume is running the latest release before downloading the VM and work with it.

When I click on the "headset" icon to join the voice conference, it place the client on the bridge but the "Listeners" window doesn't get updated, I tried with more that one log in and got the same output.

We had the same issue when we tried to run the SIP server (Asterisk or FreeSWITCH) on a separate machine. The voice app gets registered but it looks like the Red5 is not getting registered with the SIP server.

Any other thoughts for why this is happening.

Regards,

Nadia

Fred Dixon

Jan 30, 2011, 6:18:11 PM1/30/11
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nadia,

We took a closer look ... demo server was responding very slowly.
Bandwidth as no problem. A reboot restored the server's
responsiveness.

In closer examination of the logs, we saw *many* instances of

java.io.IOException: Too many open files
at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.accept0(Native Method)
[na:1.6.0_20]
at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.accept(ServerSocketChannelImpl.java:163)
[na:1.6.0_20]
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$Acceptor.run(NioEndpoint.java:1311)
[tomcat-coyote-6.0.24.jar:na]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636) [na:1.6.0_20]

in

/usr/share/red5/log/bigbluebutton.log

reported by tomcat-coyote. I've opened an issue

http://code.google.com/p/bigbluebutton/issues/detail?id=841

We're looking into what has caused this error.

Regards,... Fred