Minutes from BigBlueButton committers meeting 2011-09-26

Fred Dixon

Sep 26, 2011, 9:10:37 PM9/26/11
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Everyone,

We held a BigBlueButton committers meeting this morning at 12:00 AM EDT.

Attended:
Denis Zgonjanin
Fred Dixon
Richard Alam
Tiago Jacobs
Marco Calderon

Absent:
Jeremy Thomerson

Slides:
See attached

Minutes:

- Formally added Marcos Calderon and Felipe Cecagno to group of
BigBlueButton committers

http://code.google.com/p/bigbluebutton/wiki/FAQ#BigBlueButton_Committer

Marcos has been working closely with Richard for over a year and a
half on BigBlueButton. Felipe has been working on the GT-Mconf
project to create an Android client for BigBlueButton and has
developed the video dock module and is working on the shared notes
module.

- Reviewed schedule for BigBlueButton 0.8-beta:

September 12 – 0.8-beta-1
Week of September 26 – 0.8-beta-2
Week of October 3 – 0.8-beta-3 (with VM)
Release 0.8 expected in late October if testing shows the product
has reached a stable core

- Discussed the increasing interest in others to use BigBlueButton for
sessions beyond the recommended 25 users. While we certainly want to
support larger numbers of users in the future, we resolved to keep our
focus on improving stability first. In particular, we identified
three stability stability bugs that we would like to resolve as part
of 0.8 release:

Slides upload fails
http://code.google.com/p/bigbluebutton/issues/detail?id=978

Disconnected from voice
http://code.google.com/p/bigbluebutton/issues/detail?id=879

Desktop sharing crash
http://code.google.com/p/bigbluebutton/issues/detail?id=910

- Planned meet next after 0.8 release to review and plan the next release.

Regards,... Fred
--
http://code.google.com/p/bigbluebutton/wiki/FAQ#BigBlueButton_Committer

Committers-Meeting-2011-09-26a.pdf