Start to edit bigbluebutton-web Netbeans project

beba

Feb 12, 2010, 11:15:40 AM2/12/10
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi,

I want try programming at bigbluebutton-web...
I php programing 7-8 years, Java EE learn in university, but my
teacher was bad and I don't have more expirience in Java programming.

I downloaded source bigbluebutton-web from svn, NetBeans v6.8, grails
v1.1.1.
Run NetBeans, was opened the project bbb-web, set in tools path to
grails..
Compile, and have error ..
:(

[code error]
Error starting Grails: org/codehaus/gant/GantBinding
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/codehaus/gant/GantBinding
at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Class.java:2427)
at java.lang.Class.getMethod0(Class.java:2670)
at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Class.java:1603)
at
org.codehaus.groovy.grails.cli.support.GrailsStarter.rootLoader(GrailsStarter.java:
178)
at
org.codehaus.groovy.grails.cli.support.GrailsStarter.main(GrailsStarter.java:
212)
org.codehaus.gant.GantBinding
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:
301)
... 6 more
[/code error]

My version grails is not correct?

Thanks,

Hugo Flambó

Feb 12, 2010, 11:26:23 AM2/12/10
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Beba,

Yup that's posible I guess...
Open the jar(s) file and check if class exists or not... it is related
to grails...
Also you must set GRAILS_HOME ...

Regards,

Hugo

Fred Dixon

Feb 12, 2010, 11:58:23 AM2/12/10
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Beba,

Is it an option to use the BigBlueButton VM (say running under VMWare
Player on Windows) as your development environment? You can still use
netbeans as your editor, but you'll find all the needed development
tools are already setup for you in the VM. You can mount all the
source in the VM using samba. For more information, see

http://code.google.com/p/bigbluebutton/wiki/DevelopingBBB

If you want to setup a new development environment with using the VM,
we recommend using the BigBlueButton VM as a reference implementation
of a setup that works. Try running the commands in the VM and check
the versions and paths that it uses, then mirror them in our setup.

BTW, we use Eclipse (and FlexBuilder, which is built on Eclipse) as
our editor when developing in BigBlueButton. Perhaps others in the
mailing list have experience with NetBeans.

Regards,... Fred

beba

Feb 12, 2010, 12:23:18 PM2/12/10
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Hugo,

On 12 фев, 18:26, Hugo Flambó <hfla...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Beba,
>
> Yup that's posible I guess...
> Open the jar(s) file and check if class exists or not... it is related
> to grails...

ok, try

> Also you must set GRAILS_HOME ...

I'm set GRAILS_HOME parametr.

beba

Feb 12, 2010, 12:29:09 PM2/12/10
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Fred,
thanks for answer..

> Perhaps others in the mailing list have experience with NetBeans.

Try wait ... maybe it's true,..
Parallel try variant with BigBlueButton VM.

Y.

beba

Feb 13, 2010, 8:05:56 AM2/13/10
to BigBlueButton-dev
Solved problem with grails during compile project.
Help it link -
http://n4.nabble.com/Exception-while-trying-to-upgrade-webapp-from-Grails-1-1-to-1-1-1-td1376997.html#a1376997

Project was compiled, war file was builded.
All thanks, topic is close.

On 12 фев, 18:15, beba <bebaw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want try programming at bigbluebutton-web...
> I php programing 7-8 years, Java EE learn in university, but my
> teacher was bad and I don't have more expirience in Java programming.
>
> I downloaded source bigbluebutton-web from svn, NetBeans v6.8, grails
> v1.1.1.
> Run NetBeans, was opened the project bbb-web, set in tools path to
> grails..
> Compile, and have error ..
> :(
>
> [code error]
> Error starting Grails: org/codehaus/gant/GantBinding
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/codehaus/gant/GantBinding
>         at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods0(Native Method)
>         at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Class.java:2427)
>         at java.lang.Class.getMethod0(Class.java:2670)
>         at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Class.java:1603)
>         at

> org.codehaus.groovy.grails.cli.support.GrailsStarter.rootLoader(GrailsStart­er.java:
> 178)
>         at
> org.codehaus.groovy.grails.cli.support.GrailsStarter.main(GrailsStarter.jav­a:

beba

Feb 13, 2010, 8:49:50 AM2/13/10
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi,

Remind,
For start working in NetBeans with project also need create
bigbluebutton config file into the directory - "C:\Documents and
Settings\client79be\.grails\bigbluebutton-config.properties".
(Client79be - current user profile home directory).

Good Luck!