"login failed" error in BBB

Cynthia

Feb 3, 2009, 7:24:58 PM2/3/09
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi,

I am working on a project at University to set up a BBB environment.
I've strictly followed the instructions at:
http://code.google.com/p/bigbluebutton/wiki/HowToInstallBigBlueButton,
(except I didn't install the Asterisk server), all the three servers:
Tomcat, BBB server and activeMQ seems start up ok (at least I didn't
see any exceptions). However, after I launched the BBB client:
http://localhost:8080/client/BigBlueButton.html, and typing the
required field (conference number and password as specified in
conferences.xml), I am getting a "Login failed" error instantly. I've
looked into all the three consoles of those servers, none of them
seems received any event. Has anyone ever experienced similar problem?
Do you know which log file I should be looking into to see what went
wrong?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Cynthia

yacine

Feb 3, 2009, 7:41:29 PM2/3/09
to BigBlueButton-dev
if you got the latest svn then the installation steps might be a bit
different. check this thread (http://groups.google.com/group/
bigbluebutton-dev/browse_thread/thread/8cb648a2a003455d/
f916acbe60eb2c5a?lnk=gst&q=conferences.xml#f916acbe60eb2c5a)

hope this helps

Richard Alam

Feb 3, 2009, 10:08:27 PM2/3/09
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have uploaded 0.35u release on the Download section. I have also
modified the wiki with instructions on how to install uploaded files.

Please let me know if you run into problems.

Regards,

Richard
--
---
BigBlueButton

Cynthia

Feb 4, 2009, 3:01:54 PM2/4/09
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hello Yacine,

Thank you very much for your help!

I think I did make some progress after following your instruction. At
least I see conference, chating apps, etc. deployed on Red 5 server.
However, my login request seems still not going anywhere. Do you know
any log files that I can look into to get a bit more details?

Thanks again!
Cynthia
> > Cynthia- Hide quoted text -

Richard Alam

Feb 4, 2009, 3:53:13 PM2/4/09
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

What port is your tomcat listening on?

You can look at the log folder under the bbb-server.

Richard

yacine

Feb 4, 2009, 3:54:27 PM2/4/09
to BigBlueButton-dev
The first log I can think of is on the client (BigBlueButton.html).
You should be able to click on the log button.
The other log appears when you start the server (red5). I believe you
have to leave your terminal open for the server to keep running
(important). Once you start the server you see a realtime log
appearing.

In case you didn't already do, you have to configure the client with
your server's IP or hostname. (bin/conf/modules.xml)
modify this line:
<module name="PresentationModule"
url="PresentationModule.swf"uri="rtmp://localhost/presentation"
host="http://localhost" />

change localhost to your server

Richard Alam has kindly updated the wiki so you should follow his
advice :)

Yacine

Cynthia

Feb 4, 2009, 10:48:43 PM2/4/09
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hello Richard,

Thank you very much for updating the instruction.

I've downloaded the new files from download page and followed the new
instructions. However, still no luck to deploy the bigbluebutton-
apps-0.35u.zip and bigbluebutton.war, In my Tomcat console, following
errors occurred while starting (it happens to all apps under webapps,
I just took the conference as example):

Feb 4, 2009 10:33:12 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SEVERE: Error listenerStart
Feb 4, 2009 10:33:12 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SEVERE: Context [/conference] startup failed due to previous errors

Below is the tomcat log for deploying webapps/conference:

Feb 4, 2009 10:33:11 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext
log
INFO: Initializing Spring root WebApplicationContext
Feb 4, 2009 10:33:12 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext
listenerStart
SEVERE: Exception sending context initialized event to listener
instance of class
org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
org.springframework.beans.factory.access.BootstrapException: Unable to
return specified BeanFactory instance: factory key [default.context],
from group with resource name [classpath*:red5.xml]; nested exception
is org.springframework.beans.factory.NoSuchBeanDefinitionException: No
bean named 'default.context' is defined
Caused by:
org.springframework.beans.factory.NoSuchBeanDefinitionException: No
bean named 'default.context' is defined
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.getBeanDefinition
(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:360)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getMergedBeanDefinition
(AbstractBeanFactory.java:914)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean
(AbstractBeanFactory.java:241)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean
(AbstractBeanFactory.java:160)
at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.getBean
(AbstractApplicationContext.java:757)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.access.SingletonBeanFactoryLocator.useBeanFactory
(SingletonBeanFactoryLocator.java:397)
at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.loadParentContext
(ContextLoader.java:317)
at
org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext
(ContextLoader.java:185)
at
org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized
(ContextLoaderListener.java:49)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart
(StandardContext.java:3843)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start
(StandardContext.java:4342)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal
(ContainerBase.java:791)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:
771)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:
525)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory
(HostConfig.java:926)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectories
(HostConfig.java:889)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:
492)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1149)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent
(HostConfig.java:311)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent
(LifecycleSupport.java:117)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:
1053)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:719)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:
1045)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:
443)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start
(StandardService.java:516)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:
710)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:578)
(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:288)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:413)
Feb 4, 2009 10:33:12 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext
log
INFO: Closing Spring root WebApplicationContext
Feb 4, 2009 10:33:12 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext
log
INFO: ContextListener: contextInitialized()
Feb 4, 2009 10:33:12 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext
log
INFO: SessionListener: contextInitialized()

Thank you again for your help!

Cynthia

Richard Alam

Feb 5, 2009, 8:23:19 AM2/5/09
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

You need to deploy bigbluebutton-apps into bigbluebutton-server not on tomcat.

Richard

Cynthia

Feb 5, 2009, 9:03:08 PM2/5/09
to BigBlueButton-dev
Thanks Richard! I think I can login now:-) Yeah!!!

Cynthia

On Feb 5, 8:23 am, Richard Alam <ritza...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,

Cynthia

Feb 7, 2009, 6:32:18 PM2/7/09
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hello Richard,

Thanks again for helping me fix the login problem.

Right now I am trying to upload some sample pfd files, this time I am
seeing the follow errors: "IO Errors while uploading file."

I noticed that there is another thread were talking about similar
issue:
http://groups.google.com/group/bigbluebutton-dev/browse_thread/thread/3d71e73fdcfd0b2e/af6750d5881d6c95?lnk=gst&q=IO+error#af6750d5881d6c95;
I've tried adding the crossdomain.xml and modifying the bin/conf/
modules.xml. However, none of them fixed my problem. Again, from the
server's console, I can not find anything regarding this error? Any
suggestions?

Thanks!
Cynthia

On Feb 5, 8:23 am, Richard Alam <ritza...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,

Richard Alam

Feb 7, 2009, 7:32:43 PM2/7/09
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
What port is you tomcat listening?

Can you post the log on the client? you can access the log by clicking
on the log button on the btoom right corner of the client.

Richard

Cynthia

Feb 7, 2009, 8:12:26 PM2/7/09
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Richard,

Thanks for the quick response. Believe or not, using IE I can upload
presentation without any errors. But Firefox doesn't work. It must be
some security settings in my Firefox:-). Having said, I can see those
pdf files within the conference window now, however, I still couldn't
see those swf files under c:/temp/uploads. Shall those presentation
swf files being persisted there?

Thanks!
Cynthia

On Feb 7, 7:32 pm, Richard Alam <ritza...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What port is you tomcat listening?
>
> Can you post the log on the client? you can access the log by clicking
> on the log button on the btoom right corner of the client.
>
> Richard
>

> On Sat, Feb 7, 2009 at 6:32 PM, Cynthia <cynthia.jx...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello Richard,
>
> > Thanks again for helping me fix the login problem.
>
> > Right now I am trying to upload some sample pfd files, this time I am
> > seeing the follow errors: "IO Errors while uploading file."
>
> > I noticed that there is another thread were talking about similar
> > issue:
> >http://groups.google.com/group/bigbluebutton-dev/browse_thread/thread...

Richard Alam

Feb 7, 2009, 8:21:16 PM2/7/09
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Not sure why it doesn't work in Firefox.

The swf files should be in
c:/temp/uploads/{conferencenumber}/extracted as defined in
bigbluebutton.properties in bigbluebutton-servlet that you deployed in
tomcat.

Cynthia

Feb 7, 2009, 8:53:09 PM2/7/09
to BigBlueButton-dev
Sorry Richard, there is a typo in my bigbluebutton.properties file. I
am ok right, I can see the swf files...

Thanks!
Cynthia

Cynthia