Unable to write data to file in HDFS

Swati Patil

Aug 11, 2016, 2:08:45 AM8/11/16
to Big Data Europe

Hello All,

I have a .csv file which has to be tranferred from local machine to the HDFS in Cloudera VM (CDH4). I am able to upload the file in HDFS but data is not getting written to the files. It shows 0 bytes but my file is 18KB. Below is the error:

File user/cloudera/inputData/abc.csv could only be replicated to 0 nodes instead of minReplication (=1).  There are 1 datanode(s) running and 1 node(s) are excluded in this operation.

Here are some of the solutions I tried.

1. I have checked all the services. All the services running fine.

2. Firewall is also not running.

3. Formatted Name node and Data Node.

2. Stopped and restarted all the services.

Can please somebody help me in solving this issue?