Upcoming meetups and events

Wouter de Bie

Oct 2, 2013, 12:22:12 PM10/2/13
to big-dat...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I thought it would be a good idea to keep a pinned topic to post upcoming meetups and events. Please things that you organize or you will be attending, so we might organize around that.

That said, a bunch of people from Spotify will attend Strata in NYC the end of this month.

// Wouter

Iván de Prado

Oct 2, 2013, 1:05:47 PM10/2/13
to Wouter de Bie, big-dat...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

November 7th and 8th will be the second edition of Big Data Spain, in Madrid: http://www.bigdataspain.org/

I was invited to give a talk about Splout SQL and Ad Neworks.

November 30th will be the NoSQL Matters (http://2013.nosql-matters.org/bcn/) at Barcelona, Spain. Nathan Marz will be one of the speakers.

2013/10/2 Wouter de Bie <wou...@spotify.com>

Iván de Prado
CEO & Co-founder

Wouter de Bie

Oct 2, 2013, 1:13:59 PM10/2/13
to big-dat...@googlegroups.com, Wouter de Bie
The 16th of October, we'll be hosting the next episode of the Stockholm Hadoop User Group at our office in Stockholm!

Adam Kawa will talk about Hadoop adventures at Spotify and Enrico Berti will talk about Hue: the open source UI for using Apache Hadoop.

Chris Harris

Oct 3, 2013, 1:04:27 AM10/3/13
to big-dat...@googlegroups.com
This weekend (5th October 2013) I am be talking about the latest development in Apache Tez at the London Data Science Hackathon.

See you there or look out for the sides.

Chris

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Bart J. Buter

Oct 3, 2013, 6:44:05 AM10/3/13
to big-dat...@googlegroups.com
I will attend the BigDataRoadshow October 8th in Amsterdam http://bigdataroadshow.com/

Daniel Olmedilla

Oct 8, 2013, 5:07:44 AM10/8/13
to big-dat...@googlegroups.com
On November I will be talking at the 3rd IIR Technology Forum “Big Data Deutschland” (http://www.big-data-europe.com/koeln/on 25 and 26 November 2013 in Cologne about Big Data Use case driven Technology Selection, Architecture and Solution Design.
I will also be attending the London Strata conference in November together with 3 members of my team.

Norbert Gergely

Oct 8, 2013, 7:53:03 AM10/8/13
to Daniel Olmedilla, big-dat...@googlegroups.com
On December 3-4 I will attend the first Big Data World Congress in Munich, Germany.

Joseph Pollack

Oct 9, 2013, 5:22:31 AM10/9/13
to big-dat...@googlegroups.com
Dear Big Data Euro,

I'm thinking that it would actually be useful (versus shameless self-promotion) if we would post the announces asap on this group. I'm seeing a lot of things that would be neat to attend - but too short on time to really prepare for (had I known earlier - I may have attendened the German conference instead of something else). Thoughts?

Warm Regards,

-Joseph.

Markus Schmidberger

Oct 10, 2013, 6:13:27 AM10/10/13
to big-dat...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

on October 17, 2013 in the Munich Hadoop User Group there will be a featured meetup with three well known speakers:

* An architectural overview of MapR, M.C. Srivas, MapR
* HBase and Impala - Use Cases for fast SQL queries, Lars George, Cloudera
* Recommendations as search, Ted Dunning, MapR

Hope to meet many people there.

Best
Markus

Markus Schmidberger

Oct 10, 2013, 6:30:20 AM10/10/13
to big-dat...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

who is joining the Strata London conference from 11-13 November 2013?
I am going to attend the conference.

If you are interested in doing Big Data statistics with R, Hadoop and MongoDB please join my tutorial: http://strataconf.com/strataeu2013/public/schedule/detail/30047
Get a 20% discount using the code: FRIEND
Meet you in London
Markus

Stéphane Heckel

Oct 11, 2013, 7:16:24 AM10/11/13
to big-dat...@googlegroups.com
Greetings from Paris,

HUG France meetup will take place @Epitech Paris, Tuesday the 15th of Oct

Talk 1 @MCSrivas from @MapR will describe #Hadoop 2 and #Yarn
Talk 2 @costinl to present @Elasticsearch real-time search, natively integrated with #Hadoop
Talk 3 Alexandre Vasseur and Jérôme Campo from @gopivotal will demo #HAWQ

Stéphane
@hsteph from @hugfrance

Kostas Tzoumas

Oct 17, 2013, 10:16:24 AM10/17/13
to big-dat...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

We are hosting the first Stratosphere Summit in Berlin from 14-15 of November: http://stratosphere.eu/events/2013/summit.html

Stratosphere is a next-generation open source platform for data analysis.

Kostas

Sebastian Spiegler

Oct 18, 2013, 6:52:33 AM10/18/13
to big-dat...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

On October 22 we are having our monthly Hadoop User Group UK meetup.

This time at Techhub@Campus in London with the topic of the evening being "Streaming analytics and approximation".

This event is preceded by the hands-on Hadoop workshop "ETL with Syncsort".

Best wishes,
Sebastian

Christian Prokopp

Oct 23, 2013, 6:07:15 AM10/23/13
to big-dat...@googlegroups.com
The next Hive London Meetup is taking place on Friday the 31st of October.
Location: Facebook Office, London
Talks:
* De-duplicating the Facebook object graph
* Interactive programming with Hive

Details:

Sign up for free to join.

Cheers,
Christian

Christian Prokopp

Oct 23, 2013, 6:08:26 AM10/23/13
to big-dat...@googlegroups.com
Apologies, that is a Thursday of course.

David Whiting

Oct 25, 2013, 6:57:30 AM10/25/13
to big-dat...@googlegroups.com
Hadoop User Group UK, Strata Edition : 11th November 2013

http://www.meetup.com/hadoop-users-group-uk/events/146834502/?a=ea1_grp&rv=ea1

I will be talking about how to scale your big data operation from a development perspective. The panel discussion should also be good.
If you're in town for Strata anyway, it's definitely worth attending.

Robert Metzger

Oct 26, 2013, 4:38:06 AM10/26/13
to big-dat...@googlegroups.com
Hi;

Stratosphere (stratosphere.eu) is going to present at the "Big Data Beers" Meetup in Berlin, on 20. Nov.

http://www.meetup.com/Big-Data-Beers/events/147397982/

So if you're in Berlin at this time, join us!

Loïc Le Bel

Nov 18, 2013, 4:57:34 AM11/18/13
to big-dat...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Justin Coffey and myself will be attending the Symposium on Big Data in Boeblingen, Germany, on December 5-6.

Regards,
Loic

Tóth Zoltán

Nov 18, 2013, 11:39:29 AM11/18/13
to Loïc Le Bel, big-dat...@googlegroups.com
Great!

Please post a summary if you find the time!

Thanks,

Christian Prokopp

Nov 21, 2013, 4:55:33 AM11/21/13
to big-dat...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

There will be an interesting panel discussion, 'Big Data Debate: The Controversial Questions', next week (Nov 27th) in London (Google Campus - Ground Floor
4-5 Bonhill Street). The panel has knowledgeable participants and we'll try and see if we can poke a hole in some of the big data myths and hypes. There are only a few places left so sign up soon.

Cheers,
Christian

Stéphane Heckel

Dec 3, 2013, 9:07:28 AM12/3/13
to big-dat...@googlegroups.com
Greetings from Paris,

HUG France meetup will take place @ZenikaIT Paris, Wednesday the 11 of Dec

Talk 1 @enricoberti from @Cloudera to present @gethue
Talk 2 @battymarc and @fdouetteau to present @Dataiku Data Science Studio
Talk 3 @BertrandDechoux from @XebiaFr to present @ApacheMahout

Stéphane
@hsteph from @hugfrance

walter palmetshofer

Dec 4, 2013, 9:20:50 AM12/4/13
to big-dat...@googlegroups.com
great initiatve!

google on air hangout  ~10-15min presentation and then QA

05.11.2013Data AnalysisJohn Domingue
19.12.2013Data CurationEd Curry
09.01.2013Data StorageHerman Ravkin
23.01.2013Data UsageTilman Becker
13.02.2013Finance & Insurance SectorsPedro Soria
27.02.2013Health SectorSonja Zillner
13.03.2013Manufacturing, Retail, Energy & Transport SectorsSebnem Rusitschka, Tilman Becker, Ralf Jung
27.03.2013Public SectorRicard Munné
10.04.2013Telco, Media & Entertainment SectorsFelicia Lobillo, Helen Lippell

also in Berlin once a month  http://www.meetup.com/Big-Data-Beers/

Stéphane Heckel

Jan 31, 2014, 9:38:41 AM1/31/14
to big-dat...@googlegroups.com
Greetings from Paris,

HUG France meetup will take place @Google Paris, Thursday the 13rd of Feb

Talk 1: Google & Hadoop by Christophe Baroux, SEMEA Lead at Google & Bastien Legras, Cloud Platform Solution Engineer at Google
Talk 2: The "Smart Analytics of Energy Data" project, by EDF R&D's SIGMA² team
Talk 3: Apache Phoenix, SQL on HBase by Nicolas MAILLARD, Big Data Tech Lead at Fifty-five

Tóth Zoltán

Jan 31, 2014, 10:19:42 AM1/31/14
to Stéphane Heckel, big-dat...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Stéphane,

Will there be a recording available. We are having Budapest Big Data meetup the same time.

Bence Arató

Feb 6, 2014, 2:25:01 AM2/6/14
to big-dat...@googlegroups.com
The Budapest Big Data meetup group will have the next meetup on the 12th February (next Wednesday).

The topic is Big Data + Search, and we will have the following talks:

- Finding a needle in a stack of needles - adding Search to the Hadoop Ecosystem  by Wolfgang Hoschek from Cloudera
- Hadoop based ETL and Solr based semantic search behind Jobmonitor.hu  by Károly Kása from Precognox
- Search based user experience by Barnabas Szasz from National Instruments
- Elastifying Workflow Dashboard  by Tamás Németh, Morgan Stanley

Everyone is welcome!

Bests, Bence

@bencearato

NoSQL matters

Apr 10, 2014, 8:45:33 AM4/10/14
to big-dat...@googlegroups.com

Upcoming event: Tickets for the NoSQL matters Cologne in April available now!

NoSQL and Big Data experts and those who are interested in the European NoSQL and Big Data scene come together once more at the Komed in Cologne on the 28th-30th of April 2014 to attend the 5th NoSQL matters Cologne. The training sessions as well as the conference give you the possibility to share your experiences, questions and ideas with other participants in a relaxed atmosphere and to gain new insights into these fascinating fields.

As in previous years, our conference starts with a training day taking place on the 28th of April. You will be able to attend a broad range of training sessions on the subjects NoSQL and Big Data.

On the 29th and 30th of April, more than 30 national and international speakers will give talks on NoSQL, Big Data, DBaaS, and Cloud Computing you can let yourself be inspired by.

The Tickets for the NoSQL matters conference are available with immediate effect right here. Feel free to visit at our homepage for further information.

We are looking forward to welcoming you in Cologne at the end of the month!

Kind regards,

your NoSQL matters team

Stéphane Heckel

Jun 10, 2014, 3:38:38 AM6/10/14
to big-dat...@googlegroups.com
Greetings from Paris,

HUG France meetup will take place at Novotel Eiffel Tower, Wednesday 11 June - (http://linkd.in/1hqUjav)

Talk 1 Hubert Stefani from Infotel: A Google-like portal built on top of Hadoop
Talk 2 Franck Gallos from Ericsson: Big Data Analytics, how to create value from the vast amount of Telco data
Talk 3 Charly Clairmont from Altic: #hadoopsummit briefing

Eileen McNulty

Aug 11, 2014, 7:06:36 AM8/11/14
to big-dat...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I'm Eileen, one of the editors of Dataconomy Media. We're organising an event at the end of August which I thought would be interest.

Dataconomy are organising "Big Data Berlin", Berlin's first big data industry event, on August 28th. We have three industry leaders and renowned speakers giving presentations: Doug Laney, VP at Gartner (recognised as the man who defined Big Data); Raffaela Rein, Founder and CEO at Career Foundry; and Adam Drake, Chief Data Scientist and Head of Engineering at zanox.

The event will be attended by around 250 people, ranging from data scientists, software developers, PhD students, BI & Database technology consultants and businesses with big data interests. It will be a great opportunity for anyone interested in data science to meet with like-minded professionals & enthusiasts, forge connections and spark interesting discussions.

Registration and a full programme can be found here: http://www.meetup.com/Big-Data-Berlin/events/196782612/

I hope to see as many of you there as possible!

Stéphane Heckel

Sep 29, 2014, 3:52:56 AM9/29/14
to big-dat...@googlegroups.com
Greetings from Paris,

HUG France meetup will take place at l'Hôtel du Collectionneur, Paris, Monday 6 Oct

Talk #1: Resource management for #Spark and #Hadoop #MapReduce workloads, by @Cutting
Talk #2: #Hadoop hardware & network best-practices by Francis Barbeau from @hp
Talk #3: Starting with #Hadoop, load data & visualize, by @AAjraou and Cherif TIFRANI
Talk #4: Anti DDoS attack in real-time with #Kafka and #Storm, by @StevenLeRoux from @ovh

HUG France meetup (registration): http://www.meetup.com/Hadoop-User-Group-France/
LinkedIn buzz & invitation : http://linkd.in/ZDO62T

Kostas Tzoumas

Sep 29, 2014, 2:27:05 PM9/29/14
to big-dat...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

The first Apache Flink meetup is taking place in Berlin on October 15: http://www.meetup.com/Apache-Flink-Meetup/events/208227422/

The next Stockholm Hadoop Users Group is also featuring Apache Flink: http://www.meetup.com/stockholm-hug/events/207323222/

Best regards,
Kostas

Stéphane Heckel

Nov 25, 2014, 8:17:02 AM11/25/14
to big-dat...@googlegroups.com

Greetings from Paris,

HUG France meetup will take place at @Viadeo today

Talk 1: Tez introduction, with Olivier Renault from Hortonworks
Talk 2: Cascading, with Andre Kelpe from CurrentInc

Stéphane Heckel

Jan 15, 2015, 7:38:24 PM1/15/15
to big-dat...@googlegroups.com
Greetings from Paris,

HUG France meetup will take place at @HP Boulognes, the 29th of Jan

Talk 1: Integrating unstructured data (videos, images, ...) with HAVEn for Hadoop, by Frédéric Demongeot, Subject Matter Expert at HP Big Data
Talk 2: Apache Flink: Fast and Reliable Large-scale Data Processing, by Robert Metzger, committer and PMC member of the Apache Flink project
Talk 3: HR processes leveraged by Hadoop, a use case presented by Edmond Segalen, Technical Director at Capgemini

HUG France meetup (registration): http://www.meetup.com/Hadoop-User-Group-France/

Stéphane Heckel

Apr 1, 2016, 3:35:45 PM4/1/16
to Big Data Europe
Greetings from France,

HUG France meetup will take place at Oracle France, Colombes La Défense, (not so far from Paris ;), Apr 7th, 6;15pm

Talk 1: What is Hadoop for Oracle, the vision, the roadmap. A word on Oracle Big Data SQL
Talk 2: The Smart Data vision at Pages Jaunes (Yellow Pages), a Hadoop/Spark agile architecture for advanced analytics
Talk 3: The ADEO Sales Datalake. Hadoop, R & Avro recipes to boost the Sales engine.

Sreedhar D

May 30, 2016, 8:29:53 AM5/30/16
to Big Data Europe
The video could be more helpful for who are looking for learning Big Data and hadoop.