Benchmark run terminated Reason: An error occured while running a command

solaimurugan v

Sep 10, 2015, 2:31:39 PM9/10/15
to Big Data Benchmark for BigBench
I just followed as per step mentioned in https://github.com/intel-hadoop/Big-Data-Benchmark-for-Big-Bench

but when I was running the "bigBench runBenchmark -m 4 -f 100 -s 2"  it throw error mentioned blow.

BigBench clean all                                      (this might take a while...)
==============
Benchmark run terminated
Reason: An error occured while running a command
==============
java.io.IOException: Error while running module cleanAll. More information in corresponding logfile in /media/bdalab/bdalab/sw/Big-Data-Benchmark-for-Big-Bench/logs
    at io.bigdatabenchmark.v1.driver.BigBench.runModuleTimed(BigBench.java:712)
    at io.bigdatabenchmark.v1.driver.BigBench.run(BigBench.java:433)
    at io.bigdatabenchmark.v1.driver.RunBigBench.main(RunBigBench.java:52)

I'm using Java 1.7,  Apache Hadoop 2.7 and Hive 1.2.1.

kindly help me out ..

Thanks
solai

Jeffrey Buell

Sep 10, 2015, 3:14:30 PM9/10/15
to solaimurugan v, Big Data Benchmark for BigBench

Check your paths.  I don’t remember what the error message looked like, but make sure the value for BINARY at the bottom of engines/hive/conf/engineSettings.conf points to your hive binary.  Probably could use some more error checking in that file.

Jeff

solaimurugan v

Sep 10, 2015, 3:24:04 PM9/10/15
to Big Data Benchmark for BigBench, solaimu...@gmail.com
Thanks for quick reponse..

i have changed that too..

/media/bdalab/bdalab/sw/apache-hive-1.2.1-bin/bin/hive

and
/media/bdalab/bdalab/sw/apache-hive-1.2.1-bin/bin/beeline

both throw the same error..

solaimurugan v

Sep 11, 2015, 12:51:41 AM9/11/15
to Big Data Benchmark for BigBench, solaimu...@gmail.com

can u Guide me where should I download the correct version of BigBench and step to configure

Thanks

Manuel Danisch

Sep 11, 2015, 4:25:04 AM9/11/15
to Big Data Benchmark for BigBench
Hi solai,

Please take a look into the correspondig log file in logs/ or append "-b" to the command line to see the messages of the underlying bash scripts. Please post the detailed error message here if you need additional help.

"bigBench runBenchmark -m 4 -f 100 -s 2 -b"

Best regards,

Manuel Danisch