status of the be scala community

Jelle

Oct 27, 2013, 2:41:50 PM10/27/13
to bes...@googlegroups.com
What is status of the community today? I have been out for some time due to the birth of my son and my job change. Now I'm ready to be more active and I was wondering what is happening next to the scala enthousiast meetup at devoxx (which I can't join due to family reasons...)

Renato Cavalcanti

Oct 28, 2013, 6:09:15 AM10/28/13
to BeScala on behalf of Jelle
Hi Jelle,

The community is growing and we are using meet-up now to promote our events.

We have organised some events this year. The last two were on Akka. A talk followed by a hacking session. And we plan to run another hacking session to work further on the use case.

Our next event is indeed the BoF at Devoxx. And we are working on the schedule for 2014.
So, stay tuned.

Hope to meet you in a near future.

Cheers,

Renato