Scala best practices

Renato Guerra Cavalcanti

Apr 15, 2013, 3:56:02 PM4/15/13
to bes...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

We have been talking with some members of our group and we would like to organise a session about Scala best practices.

The idea is to get together, show some code (hobby project or work) and discuss and share our point of view over different idioms.

Therefore, we would like to know who would be interested on such an event and how many of you want to bring/show some code.

Kind regards,

Renato

Francis De Brabandere

Apr 15, 2013, 3:58:12 PM4/15/13
to BeScala on behalf of Renato Cavalcanti
+1, can show code (have some TODO's that need to be looked at)

Cheers,
Francis

Louis Jacomet

Apr 15, 2013, 4:04:42 PM4/15/13
to BeScala on behalf of Francis De Brabandere
Interested, but no code to bring to the table

andy petrella

Apr 15, 2013, 4:13:12 PM4/15/13
to BeScala on behalf of Jan Goyvaerts

We could prepare it like so: do some of you guys some questions about patterns, formatting or architecture.
We could also cover some topics of the marius' Scala conventions?

Renato Guerra Cavalcanti

Apr 15, 2013, 4:17:19 PM4/15/13
to bes...@googlegroups.com
Yes, for sure.

I had also thought on use Marius' page as reference. For those who didn't know it, here is the link:

Renato

Francis De Brabandere

Apr 15, 2013, 6:22:42 PM4/15/13
to BeScala on behalf of Renato Cavalcanti
hehe, have that Effective Scala open in a tab here but have not found the time to go through it.