Talk (introduction) on Scala, Akka and Play

andy petrella

Dec 7, 2012, 4:24:57 AM12/7/12
to BeScala on behalf of Jan Goyvaerts, Stéphane Rondal
Dear members of the BeerScala group :-P,

I'd like to tell you that I'm gonna give two talks introducing Scala, Akka and Play 2... ok the stack it-self. Taking some opportunities to push the functional prog paradigm.

It'll be a simple introduction and I'll make the assumption that the audience has no notion of Scala or Functional P. in general, but OO/Java/...
However, still that I'll be happy to see some of you back!!

The first talk will be hosted by Arexo which is interested by all recent technologies/methodologies and asked me to tell us bits about Scala and friends. It'll happen next Thursday in Brussels see there

The second talk will happen in January and will be given in French (which will prevent me to destroy the English language again ^^). The context of this talk is extended by the fact that it'll be hosted by a brand new User Group in the Walloon Region: Wajug. For those interested by either the group or the talk: check those URLs
in FR

See ya

andy

andy petrella

Dec 16, 2012, 6:52:42 AM12/16/12
to bes...@googlegroups.com
Hewo guyz,
I'm back... for those interested here are the slides, however the best would be to fork the github repo with some code examples out-there ;-)

See you @wajug :-P

Ndi