Dominican Rebublic

sailors...@yahoo.com

Feb 1, 2018, 7:20:53 AM2/1/18
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
Anyone familiar with good hotels and scuba dive sites in the DR?  We are planning a trip later this month and would like to get some recommendations.

S/v Pau Hana
B351

Sent from my LG Phoenix 2, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

Dean Forbis

Feb 1, 2018, 8:23:28 AM2/1/18
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
There are two sides to the DR; The tourist all inclusive end the East end at Punta Cana and the true DR. My sister in law is from there so I have "done" both. I like the North coast near  Sosua and Puerto Plata. Cabarete is nice too. The capital is cool but crowded.

--
Largest Beneteau group, over **1121
** members and growing.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Beneteau Owners" group.

sailors...@yahoo.com

Feb 1, 2018, 8:52:17 AM2/1/18
to Dean Forbis, benetea...@googlegroups.com
I did Puerto Plata on business few years back but have heard that Bayahibe area has excellent 100' diving.

Sent from my LG Phoenix 2, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
To post to this group, send email to Benetea...@googlegroups.com

contact denny.we...@gmail.com, or ume...@comcast.net if you have a list management question
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Beneteau Owners" group.

Evans Tommy

Feb 1, 2018, 11:21:13 PM2/1/18

Subject: Re: {Beneteau Owners} Dominican Rebublic
To: "Dean Forbis" <echor...@gmail.com>, benetea...@googlegroups.com
Date: Thursday, February 1, 2018, 3:52 PM

I did Puerto Plata on
business few years back but have heard that Bayahibe area
has excellent 100' diving.
Sent from my
LG Phoenix 2, an AT&T 4G LTE
smartphone
------ Original
message------From: Dean
ForbisDate: Thu, Feb 1, 2018 8:23
AMTo: benetea...@googlegroups.com;Cc:
and rasarea soarele ii puneau in lucru si dupa ei statea un parcalab cu batul in mana si de se intampla ca unul sa nu lucreze ca celalalt sau sa ramana ceva mai indepartat il batea Cand bagii faceau greseli nu tocmai mari de pilda lipseau vreo zi de la lucru fara voia domnului atunci ii ' uneau jos pe scaun si le dadeau 10-20 bete si apoi ii puneau iarasi la lucru .

Gibbs Emilio

Feb 2, 2018, 4:14:41 AM2/2/18

To: benetea...@googlegroups.com
Date: Friday, February 2, 2018, 6:21 AM
https://groups.google.com/d/optout. laudabila abilitatea lui N. Titulescu care in perioada anilor 1934-1936 impotriva

Tom Lucke

Feb 3, 2018, 3:49:26 PM2/3/18
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
I talked with my daughter, who was in the DR this Spring on an underwater archeology project with Indiana University. She's got her advanced and rescue certifications, and was one of the dive team leaders on the trip.

Here's what she said:

* The GUAP [Guadalupe Underwater Archeological Preserve] is the most popular dive site in the DR, it's ~25 feet and absolutely beautiful. Sits right along a long reef that's full of fish,  lobster, the occasional  octopus, and has a great, diverse range of corals (D. cylindrus is my favorite there) Adjacent to Viva Dominicus Beach and Viva Dominicus Palace in Bayahibe

*Another great dive is the Caballo Blanco, 18th century wreck but also has 16th century Spanish anchor and artifacts. Dive is deeper, around 45 feet, but very nice and also gorgeous reef

*Captain Kidd's ship is off of Catalina island, in 6-8 feet of water. Site itself isn't great, but the history is really cool. Terrific wall dive right next to the wreck as well, easy and beautiful 100 ft dive

* Dive shop we used was Scuba Fun in Bayahibe, really stellar team. Organized and friendly, they do certifications as well as charters.

* Hotel we stayed in is Be Live Collection Canoa in La Romana outside of Punta Cana. Nice resort, lots of couples and families, but somewhat isolated. Beach is lovely, and it's right next to a nature preserve

* Viva Wyndham Dominica Beach was the resort we were supposed to be at. Younger crowed, lots of partying, also gorgeous beach. Guadalupe underwater archaeological preserve is directly off the Viva beach

Overall, the DR has good reefs and dive sites, but diving on historic shipwreck sites is what makes it so special. If you're looking for a non-ocean day, check out the Taino sites (either the cave tours or the flooded caverns at La Aleta.

On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 7:20 AM, 'sailors...@yahoo.com' via Beneteau Owners <benetea...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

--
Largest Beneteau group, over **1121
** members and growing.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Beneteau Owners" group.

Evans Tommy

Feb 3, 2018, 5:12:13 PM2/3/18

To: benetea...@googlegroups.com
Date: Saturday, February 3, 2018, 10:49 PM
Benetea...@googlegroups.com

Beneteau-Owne...@googlegroups.com

contact denny.we...@gmail.com, or ume...@comcast.net
if you have a list management question

---

Google Groups "Beneteau Owners" group.

from it, send an email to beneteau-owne...@googlegroups.com.

chimburi de atitudine si de mentalitate explicabile in contextul continental complex si contradictoriu duc la intronarea dinastiei straine. Urmare proxima a inscaunarii principelui Carol I la 10 Mai 1886 Constitutia din acelasi an incheie practic deceniul restructurarii nationale si il deschide pe cel care pregateste epopeea Independentei . tara este inzestrata cu cel mai inalt for stiintific Societatea Academica Romana 1867 cuprinzand membri din toate teritoriile locuite de romani. Zece ani mai tarziu guvernul condus de I.C. Bratianu isi asuma raspunderea confirmarii pe campul de lupta a votului Camerei de la 9 Mai 1877. George sontu Nicolae Valter Maracineanu Dimitrie Giurescu Constantin Ene si alti zece mii de eroi peste 4 000 de morti si aproape 6 000 de raniti platesc tributul de sange la Grivita Rahova Smardan. Prin tratatele internationale San Stefano si Berlin 1878 Romaniei moderne ii sunt recunoscute deplina neatarnare ca stat si suveranitatea sa asupra Dobrogei asupra teritoriului fostului sangeac al Tulcei asupra Deltei Dunarii si Insulei serpilor.