Pump out

Pattie Cunningham

Jul 15, 2017, 8:12:58 AM7/15/17
to Benetea...@googlegroups.com
I have a 2002 Beneteau 331; I'm having a problem with my holding tank not pumping out, all thru hauls are in the right spot, suction seems to be there, but nothing is coming out. Is there anything I can put down the thru haul on deck that might clear a clog, or does it have to be completely taken apart??? All suggestions would be appreciated

Sent from my iPad

Jeff Taylor

Jul 15, 2017, 10:08:41 AM7/15/17
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
It sounds like you may have a clogged vent. Beneteau has a metal screen inside the vent. you need to reach inside the van from the outside of the boat with a dental pic or a screwdriver that stent or a coathanger and tear the screen

Sent from my iPhone.
Jeff Taylor

> On Jul 15, 2017, at 8:12 AM, 'Pattie Cunningham' via Beneteau Owners <benetea...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>
> I have a 2002 Beneteau 331; I'm having a problem with my holding tank not pumping out, all thru hauls are in the right spot, suction seems to be there, but nothing is coming out. Is there anything I can put down the thru haul on deck that might clear a clog, or does it have to be completely taken apart??? All suggestions would be appreciated
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> --
> Largest Beneteau group, over **1121
> ** members and growing.

> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Beneteau Owners" group.

Terry Rushing

Jul 15, 2017, 11:49:53 AM7/15/17
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
I had the same problem with not being able to empty my holding tank on a Beneteau 373,  I tried everything and thenI finally was able to clear the vent by disconnecting the vent line from the holding tank and attaching a garden hose to the vent line  and it blew out.  Problem solved.

Terry Rushing

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Beneteau Owners" group.

Bill Jarvis

Jul 15, 2017, 12:52:33 PM7/15/17
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
Be sure the vent is open. Fluid can't get out if air cannot get in.

Bill
--
Largest Beneteau group, over **1121
** members and growing.

Pattie

Jul 15, 2017, 2:07:34 PM7/15/17
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
Here is the copy from the manual

page42image103016 here is how I have mine on the boat I appears to be right. I tried putting the hanger wire down the thruhull on the deck, but it's deeper than the hanger.  Also I put some white. Vinegar down the deck hole. I'm thinking maybe I need to be present when the Pumpout boat comes to move the valve back and forth
image1.jpeg my iPhone
Where is the vent located??

Sent from my iPhone

Bill Jarvis

Jul 15, 2017, 2:34:27 PM7/15/17
to benetea...@googlegroups.com

Pattie,

The vent is a tube that goes out of the top of your holding tank and then out through the side of the hull usually quite high on the hull.

One some,( and maybe all) Beneteaux there is a shut-off valve in this line. It must be open to allow free air movement into and out off the holding tank.

There is usually a clam shell cover where the ipe comes out of the hull and that may have a wire gauze screen in it. If it’s there take it out. It is a common cause of the vent becoming blocked.

Bill

FYI - when I replaced my tank I replaced the vent with a larger fitting (3/4" I think) without a gauze screen on it and added a second one on the other side of the boat for cross ventilation. Never had a blockage since

Mark Wilme
Mark....@Gmail.com

contact denny.we...@gmail.com, or ume...@comcast.net  if you have a list management question
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Beneteau Owners" group.

Largest Beneteau group, over **1121
** members and growing.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Beneteau Owners" group.

Largest Beneteau group, over **1121
** members and growing.

contact denny.we...@gmail.com, or ume...@comcast.net if you have a list management question
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Beneteau Owners" group.

Largest Beneteau group, over **1121
** members and growing.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Beneteau Owners" group.

Jeff Taylor

Jul 15, 2017, 7:24:07 PM7/15/17
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
Great idea!

Sent from my iPhone.
Jeff Taylor

On Sat, Jul 15, 2017 at 2:33 PM, Bill Jarvis <bjar...@suddenlink.net> wrote:

Pattie,

The vent is a tube that goes out of the top of your holding tank and then out through the side of the hull usually quite high on the hull.

One some,( and maybe all) Beneteaux there is a shut-off valve in this line. It must be open to allow free air movement into and out off the holding tank.

There is usually a clam shell cover where the ipe comes out of the hull and that may have a wire gauze screen in it. If it’s there take it out. It is a common cause of the vent becoming blocked.

Bill

2ducs

Jul 16, 2017, 8:09:29 PM7/16/17
to Beneteau Owners, rushin...@yahoo.com
Terry Rushing, did you grow up on Shaw Drive???

Steve Keever

Jul 17, 2017, 1:25:40 PM7/17/17
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
Does anything come out at all? Can you hear air being sucked through the vent? If the Y valve is in the wrong position, the tank could simply be empty.

Jul 17, 2017, 1:41:25 PM7/17/17
to beneteau-owners
you can always add water via the pump out fitting. Most pump out docks have a hose for this purpose.  Check the tank gauge or us a flashlight to look through the translucent wall of the tank, see if there is content in there. Then see if you can suck the water out.

Mark Wilme
Mark....@Gmail.com

On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 1:25 PM, Steve Keever <ske...@expedia.com> wrote:
Does anything come out at all?  Can you hear air being sucked through the vent?  If the Y valve is in the wrong position, the tank could simply be empty.

DAVID Fletcher

Jul 17, 2017, 1:47:40 PM7/17/17
to Beneteau Group
If the vent is plugged and the put out is strong the tank will colaspe.

Been there done that.

I saw the side of a boat delaminate with a built in tank a number of years ago
Sent from my Samsung device

Does anything come out at all?  Can you hear air being sucked through the vent?  If the Y valve is in the wrong position, the tank could simply be empty.

Terry Rushing

Jul 19, 2017, 11:42:04 AM7/19/17
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
No.  I grew up as an Army brat and moved all over the place.

I have heard there is another Terry Rushing in Jacksonville Florida

Terry Rushing 2.0

On Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 10:49:53 AM UTC-5, rushing wrote:
I had the same problem with not being able to empty my holding tank on a Beneteau 373,  I tried everything and thenI finally was able to clear the vent by disconnecting the vent line from the holding tank and attaching a garden hose to the vent line  and it blew out.  Problem solved.

Terry Rushing

Jul 21, 2017, 11:17:34 PM7/21/17
to Beneteau Owners, rushin...@yahoo.com
Thanks for the reply! When I read your name I thought "No Way!"  Anyway Happy Sailing to ya.

Wayne
B40

Joe Sircely

Jul 23, 2017, 2:12:51 PM7/23/17
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
That happened to me and the TANK WAS EMPTY..