Re: {Beneteau Owners} B311 or 321 heater install location

davidcfletcher

May 11, 2016, 8:07:20 AM5/11/16
to Beneteau Group
I do not know much about the Wallas unit.  I installed an Espar in our 400.

You want the exhaust exit as high as possible at the stern. Exhaust fumes will end up in the cockpit and boat if it is not at the stern.

I mounted the unit in the cockpit lazzerette

It takes a little planning but you can get the supply duct into the cabin. You want fresh outside air to supply the heater. Reduce the duct in size as you move it forward. That will increase the pressure. Example start with 90mm then go to 75 and the furthest down to 60mm.

Install the y's backwards to improve flow.

Sent from my Samsung device

May 12, 2016, 12:33:19 PM5/12/16
to Beneteau Owners
Thanks for the tips!  I definitely want to install the fresh air and exhaust in the stern, which is heavily recommended by Wallas.  There's also enough room in the lazarette, and it's close the fuel tank.

What I can't figure out is a path to the main salon area for the heating duct.  I can definitely get to the stern stateroom as it's wall is the inside bulkhead of the lazarette, but up to the other areas....?