Freezer working, but the fridge is not?

William Arbaugh

Jun 24, 2017, 8:52:31 PM6/24/17
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
I came back to the boat the other day, and someone had flipped the
breakers to my boat. I had food in the freezer and fridge, and I lost
it all. I flipped the breakers back on and the freezer is working
fine. The fridge, however, is not.

Any clues on how to diagnose and fix? The boat is a 2007 373.

Many thanks!

Bill

William Arbaugh

Jun 24, 2017, 9:28:50 PM6/24/17
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
Looks like it is a coolant issue -
https://www.seafrost.com/pdfs/BD-TW/Troubleshooting%20BD%20Systems.pdf
> --
> Largest Beneteau group, over **1121
> ** members and growing.

> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Beneteau Owners" group.

Sailing

Jun 25, 2017, 7:42:33 PM6/25/17
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
Don't let anyone on your boat

Joe Sircely

Jeff Taylor

Jun 25, 2017, 9:08:38 PM6/25/17
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
Remove the cover panel to the freezer and look at the freeze module. Pull off the red 12 gage wire, wait for 20 seconds to plug it in. If it does not restart, the module is most likely bad.

Sent from my iPhone.
Jeff Taylor

Mike Taylor

Jul 7, 2017, 7:16:24 PM7/7/17
to Beneteau Owners
Does your unit just have a spill over fan from Freezer to Fridge?  If so maybe that is not working?

William Arbaugh

Jul 15, 2017, 5:26:48 PM7/15/17
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
Just to follow-up. I had a great marine refrigeration guy take a look at the unit the other day. Basically, he said it’s working. That the split unit on the 373 was designed terribly, and it can be difficult for the second plate (fridge) to get cold. Add an empty freezer, and a warm cabin and he said it won’t ever get cold.

I’ve filled up the freezer with water jugs, and I’m hoping once they freeze the fridge will be able to cool down finally.