Re: {Beneteau Owners} Digest for beneteau-owners@googlegroups.com - 2 updates in 1 topic

Sbreitstone

Jun 18, 2017, 8:54:33 AM6/18/17
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
Re Countertops

On my b49 (08') there is a crack near the opening to the freezer.  I previously had a '96 44cc.  It to bad cracked countertop.   They both have some sort of solid surface.   This is clearly due to flexing of the boat.   Depending upon whether the boat is in or out of the water, has a load on the sails and whether the freezer is on it shifts and cracks.   I have repaired many times but it recurs.   I am suspecting a more flexible material would be better.   Can't stop the boat from flexing.   I appreciate any suggestions.

Stephen M. Breitstone, Esq.
Meltzer Lippe, Goldstein & Breitstone, LLP
190 Willis Avenue
Mineola, NY 11501
(516) 747-0300
Fax (516) 747-0653

Any U.S. tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments) unless otherwise expressly indicated is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein.

This electronic message transmission contains information which is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination or distribution of this communication to other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by calling (516) 747-0300or by electronic mail (in...@meltzerlippe.com). Thank you

On Jun 18, 2017, at 3:07 AM, benetea...@googlegroups.com wrote:

DAVID Fletcher <davidcf...@rogers.com>: Jun 17 08:02AM -0400

Corian would be the way to go if you can get a thin piece.
It is a great product

Sent from my Samsung device

Jun 18, 2017, 7:56:53 PM6/18/17
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
Our 2008 B46 also had a cracked top. Fortunately it happened early on and Beneteau replaced it under warranty. I don't think it was the flexing of the boat, but an incorrect material selection that did not have enough flexibility. It never cracked again in the ensuing 5 years we owned the boat.
Joe Fults
B48 BarbaraAnn3

Sent from XFINITY Connect Mobile App