Re: {Beneteau Owners}

Dragon...@aol.com

Apr 1, 2015, 8:19:01 PM4/1/15
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
Ted, are you in MO & did you once drive SCCA Formula V &/or Super V?

Thanks!
Dean & Bonnie
s/v Dragonfly B331 #214
/) /) /) /) /) /) /) /) /) /)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In a message dated 4/1/2015 6:01:06 P.M. Central Daylight Time, ted....@gmail.com writes:
You should remember to update the MMSI, so that if you ever send a distress call they can find your boat.

Ted Weitz
B323 Gossamer Wings

On Wednesday, April 1, 2015, Michel <set2sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Jack,

In true nautical tradition to ensure fair winds and keep evil spirits away, there's a whole unaming then re-naming process (as Bruce (Breezy) pointed out which you can find on the net.
Heck, who am I to break the chain! I certainly don't want to upset Poseidon...and you could have fun doing it.
And before you start, make sure you remove all items on or in the boat with references to the old name. (includes removing old name lettering, photographs, documents etc)
enjoy, have fun and fair winds
Michel
~~~_/)~~~

On Tuesday, 31 March 2015 18:35:47 UTC-4, Tutto Bene wrote:
i really like my boat's name, Tutto Bene, but i am selling her (1991 38s5, [$64,500 although you did not ask]) to buy a friend's boat (2000 411) which is named after his wife.  how do you un-name a boat?  if you require the new owner to change the name, how do you enforce that?  are there just two Tutto Bene's in the area until he gets around to it?  do you change the name of the boat you are buying in the documentation change?
please tell me this part of the whole thing is easy!
jack vetter
Vallejo, CA

--
Largest Beneteau group, over **1086** members and growing.

Ted Weitz
tm...@columbia.edu

--
Largest Beneteau group, over **1086** members and growing.

Ted Weitz

Apr 2, 2015, 7:36:41 AM4/2/15
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
Nope and nope.  I'm in New York.  Is there another Ted Weitz?

Dragon...@aol.com

Apr 2, 2015, 8:16:19 PM4/2/15
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
Yes, in St Louis MO last I knew.  thanks for the reply

Thanks,

Dean & Bonnie
s/v Dragonfly
B331 #214