(auto) bilge pump switch on 2007 B323?

danstanford

Oct 11, 2016, 9:59:23 AM10/11/16
to Beneteau Owners
The bilge in my new 323 is uniformly dry as a bone except when I drained the hot water heater for winterization. From previous boats I assumed this water would end up in the bilge pump and I would just pump it out but that failed big time....it all ended up pooled under and behind the engine.
As I winterized (and looked for the water heater water) I unscrewed the sole panel covering the bilge pump and found everything dry. I poured a gallon or so of anti-freeze into the well and was surprised that the pump didn't come on and pump it out! I pushed the switch on the panel which pumped the antifreeze out though I left some in for the potential freezing issues if water does end up there over the winter.

The switch on the main panel seems to only have two positions where my other boats had 3, auto, off, and manual on. Is this pump also automatic in the non-manual on position?

Thanks,

Dan

Kidd, James

Oct 11, 2016, 10:02:42 AM10/11/16
to benetea...@googlegroups.com

There is likely a float switch in another location.

Keep looking!

James A Kidd

B 473

--
Largest Beneteau group, over **1121
** members and growing.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Beneteau Owners" group.

JKR...@aol.com

Oct 11, 2016, 10:04:32 AM10/11/16
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
Dan;
On the early 2000's boats only the 373 (and some 331's) came with "automatic" always hot, bilge pumps. If your's is fully automatic there will be a small breaker panel with two fuses in the engine compartment. Best to check the online owners manual for your particular year and model to be sure.
Ron
S/v Esprit

Kidd, James

Oct 11, 2016, 10:07:56 AM10/11/16
to benetea...@googlegroups.com

This past weekend, my heat was working great one night, and then the following nights would blow very cold a/c when the settings were at 80 and in the heat mode. This was the in the main salon.

This air coming out was clearly A/C and you could hear the system switch …

This was only the case on one of the units.

The rear system didn’t seem to be functioning either…but it wasn’t blowing cold air.

Has anyone experienced this?

Water was coming out of the drains so I’m assuming no clogging was taking place.

Thanks,

James

James A Kidd

2004 B 473

Mark Stillwell

Oct 11, 2016, 10:52:16 AM10/11/16
to Beneteau-Owners
Hi James,

I suspect it's time to call your AC man. We had a similar experience on our AC. The AC guy determined capacitor had gone out. $150 later we were up and cooling.

Mark & Suzanne Stillwell
S/V Dragonfly II
Beneteau 393

--
Largest Beneteau group, over **1121
** members and growing.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Beneteau Owners" group.

Ted Weitz

Mark J Wilme

Oct 11, 2016, 4:17:31 PM10/11/16
to beneteau-owners
our 2001 OC381 does have a float switch

panel switch (breaker) is 2 position

position 1 (default) allows the float switch to power the pump
position 2 (momentary) powers the pump, you take your finger off the switch and the pump stops

Mark Wilme
Mark....@Gmail.com

On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 4:05 PM, Ted Weitz <ted....@gmail.com> wrote:
Our 2006 323 did not come with a float switch.

RICHARD DAMICO

Oct 13, 2016, 1:09:11 AM10/13/16
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dan!

When I bought my 323, I noticed the bilge pump switch was either on or off, there was no auto.  So I had a float switch installed next to the bilge intake and it automatically goes on when the water pushes it up.  A flaw or perhaps a money saver for B not installing a float switch and auto in my 2006 323.  Also water never seems to drain from the stern area of the bilge to the bilge area under the main cabin table.   The clamps on the water heater came loose twice since I’ve had the boat, and water drains into the stern area of the bilge and the forward area, but the water under the rear berth never seems to drain forward.

Thought I’d throw in my experience.

Sincerely,

Rick D’Amico
“Airtime”