Thoughts on upgrading from 321 to 343

chesapeake8

Sep 30, 2017, 10:40:41 AM9/30/17
to Benetea...@googlegroups.com
We are thinking of moving up to a 343 from our 321. Anyone with experience sailing both of these boats have any comments on differences in sailing characteristics? Also interested in general feedback on the 343.

Thanks,

Christopher

Jeffrey

Sep 30, 2017, 10:54:58 AM9/30/17
to benetea...@googlegroups.com

No thoughts on the 343 but you can have our highly upgraded Oc-400 40 footer which is for sale.  See the upgade list.  Was banged up in the recent storm and can be sold as is for steal or after it is restored for fair market value… this boat is well built and as you can see from the list very highly upgraded and maintained too.

Jeffrey Schwartz

S/V Mystiko

Miami, FL

--
Largest Beneteau group, over **1121
** members and growing.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Beneteau Owners" group.

Mystiko item list AA.PDF

Brian W

Sep 30, 2017, 11:08:55 AM9/30/17
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
Just a thought...consider a more significant move up in size...like a 361...they are a couple years older but come in at a price similar to a 343. Also, while the 361 has a draft similar to your 321, the 343 is much deeper at over 6ft, a possible impact on your cruising destinations.

--
Largest Beneteau group, over **1121
** members and growing.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Beneteau Owners" group.

Treat the Earth well. It was not given to you by your parents. It was loaned to you by your children. - Native American Proverb

BigEasy

Oct 20, 2017, 11:42:41 PM10/20/17
to Beneteau Owners
Chris,
     Actually, the "standard keel"  has a draft of  4'9" on the 343.  It is sort of a modified bulb/wing keel that is cast iron.   The 343 can also be ordered with a deep draft keel with a 6'2" draft.  Finally,  there were a few shoal draft models that have an approximate 2'6" draft with an  retractable center board.
     I spent about 50 non consecutive charter days on a 2007 Beneteau 343 before purchasing my 2006 Ben 343 five years ago.  I like the boat,  It is actually 35.5 feet in length.  It sails well with roller furling main & headsail.  All lines are lead aft onto the coach roof making them easy to handle from the cockpit.  The cockpit is very roomy and there is easy egress/entry from the stern cock pit seat that pivots.  The swim platform with shower and ladder provides for easy access to a dinghy or for swimming.  Below deck there is a well appointed salon and galley with stand-up refrigerator & freezer.  With the optional microwave,  there is a shortage of cabinet space in the galley.  The head / shower is huge for a boat in this size range.  The fore and aft staterooms are adequate with real mattresses for added comfort.  Obviously I like the boat;  I have no regrets with my purchase.