Help

DAVID Fletcher

Sep 23, 2016, 6:42:09 PM9/23/16
to Beneteau Group

I am hoping a member of our group with a Perkins Prima M50 might be able to help me with a measurement

There are a four ( I believe ) vibration isolation mounts on the plate which holds the three 12 V relays. The plate is mounted just beside the water pump at the back of the engine.

Can anybody with a Prima engine tell me the size of the studs on the small mounts. I assume they are metric.  Around M4 or maybe 8x32. Also the approximate diameter of the mount.

Perkins no longer  supply them and I wanted to order four prior to travelling to Florida where my boat is located.

Thanks to any Perkins Prima owner who might be ae to help me out.

Fletch

Ps if anybody needs a few let me know and will give the source and part  number.

Sent from my Samsung device

Dan Barac

Sep 25, 2016, 3:59:19 AM9/25/16
to benetea...@googlegroups.com

Fletch,

They are sometimes called ‘bobbin mounts’. All mine broke last year in the middle of nowhere and the plate with the 3 relays fell on the transmission. Luckily, no wires or connections broke. Temporarily, I used some wire to loosely tie the plate back onto the engine.

In any case, this is what I eventually replaced them with:

http://au.rs-online.com/web/p/products/2983008/

Works better than the original (the original rubber studs are a touch smaller) and is a simple replacement. The mounts come with nuts and washers.

Best regards,
Dan

--
Largest Beneteau group, over **1121
** members and growing.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Beneteau Owners" group.