GelCoat Repair

Mike Ordun

May 20, 2016, 12:04:26 PM5/20/16
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
I have a 2001 361 that is in dire need of gelcoat work and repair on both the teak seats in the cockpit as well as cracks on vertical surfaces in the cockpit.  Looking for someone who will do a good job  for a reasonable amount. I realize that my expectations are an oxymoron.   Looking in the Baltimore/Annapolis, Rock Hall, and Kent Island areas.

Mike Ordun
s/v insanity
B371 #107

Brian Wessner

May 20, 2016, 12:20:28 PM5/20/16
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mike,

I've heard great things about these guys http://annapolisgelcoat.com/. They're located at Jabin's Yacht Yard, Back Creek, Annapolis. They say they cover the Baltimore area as well.

Cheers,
Brian Wessner
s/v Toujour
First 405 #104

--
Largest Beneteau group, over **1121
** members and growing.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Beneteau Owners" group.

Treat the Earth well. It was not given to you by your parents. It was loaned to you by your children. - Native American Proverb

Rick L

May 21, 2016, 9:20:08 AM5/21/16
to Beneteau Owners
Mike - there is also a broker at Annapolis Yacht Sales known as "Gelcoat Kate" - not sure of her last name, but I hear she is good and reasonable for minor issues.  If you call AYS, I am sure they can get you in touch with her.

Rick
Ben 473

Jeff Taylor

May 21, 2016, 10:43:09 AM5/21/16
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
Kate Chaney

Sent from my iPad, Jeff Taylor!

Jeff Taylor

May 21, 2016, 10:44:58 AM5/21/16
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
Shoreline Marine is good in Baltimore.   Their gel coat/ Fiberglass guy built the Gemini Catamaran in Annapolis

On May 21, 2016, at 9:20 AM, Rick L <rick....@gmail.com> wrote:

Paul Schwab

May 26, 2016, 12:40:53 PM5/26/16
to benetea...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

We installed a bow thruster this season. It is a stand alone item at the moment (ie: has its own “starter” battery installed at the bow)

I would like to connect the bow thruster battery to the engine start battery circuit back in the engine compartment to be able to charge/recharge it.

So . . . can I wire it direct to the start battery (in parallel)? Can I wire it direct to the master battery switch? Or should I run the connection through one of those ON-OFF-BOTH switches (concerned about drawing off the start battery when the bow thruster is used)? Yanmar 3GM30F

And, what gage wire would I use to connect the bow thruster battery into the DC charging system? [it will be roughly a 30 foot run between the bow and start batteries].

Thanks

Paul

`99 Oceanis 352, #282

.

Mark J Wilme

May 26, 2016, 12:44:34 PM5/26/16
to beneteau-owners
We did this (ish) - installed a separate bow thruster battery connected to the BT with 00 gauge cables

But I then reconfigured the rest of the system slightly

Now my alternator and my shore power charger charges my house bank (4 x 6v Lifeline AGMs).
I then have two Balmar duo charges connected to my house bank and I use them to do DC-DC charging of my starter battery and my bow thruster battery.  It's a relatively small gauge wire from the house battery bank (underneath the bunk in the starboard aft cabin) to the battery in the bow.

I believe that other manufacturers make similar products

Mark Wilme
Mark....@Gmail.com

DAVID Fletcher

May 26, 2016, 6:00:52 PM5/26/16
to Beneteau Group
The wire size depends on the lenght. Don't go underside.

Consider a blue sea ( ARC ) control relay which connects when the voltage increases due to a charge rate. Connect it to start battery. Echo charges .

Simple , trouble free and no worry as it disconnects as soon voltage drops. You can override and make a hard connection.

All for about 100.00

Sent from my Samsung device

Jim Martin

May 26, 2016, 6:24:28 PM5/26/16
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
Blue Sea has an ABYC ampacity chart. Remember that you use the round trip distance in your calculations.

Jim Martin
into the mystic
Sun Odyssey 35

Sent from Jim Martin's iPhone

Mohammad Bayegan

May 26, 2016, 7:06:04 PM5/26/16
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
Jim is right I have this set up put a Xantrex Echoc charger between your starting battery and bow thruster battery.

Marengo B-49