Drip less prop shaft

Bill

Jun 14, 2016, 7:59:36 PM6/14/16
to Benetea...@googlegroups.com
My boat was put in the water and I haven't used it yet. I tried to shoot great into the rubber collar on my prop shaft. When I lifted the collar a bit to inset the injector I heard a pop of air and when I objected the grease it just seemed to come back out.
Anyone have an idea what is happening and what to do.
It seems that the collar is tight around the shaft and that would be stopping the grease from going in. If so, what would happen if I tried to go forward? Would it loosen up and let water in order and will it bind the prop?
Really confused.
Thanks for help.
Bill

Sent from my iPad

rvluc...@yahoo.com

Jun 14, 2016, 10:55:34 PM6/14/16
to Beneteau owners group
Suggest you get a monojet syringe and insert the plastic lead past the shaft seal collar. You may get a little water on insertion, but no worries.

Bob L
Latitudes/oc321/Chicago
--
Largest Beneteau group, over **1121
** members and growing.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Beneteau Owners" group.

bungee.john

Jun 15, 2016, 2:34:26 AM6/15/16
to Beneteau Owners
You need to burp the seal ,squeeze it or work it like hand milking a cow to release the air trapped between the seal and shaft ,,only takes a few seconds until you get water dripping out then jobs done
Sometimes you run the risk of overheating the seal if it's not done after being out on the hard ,if it made a popping sound it's probably the air escaping
regards bungee

tak

Jun 15, 2016, 2:27:11 PM6/15/16
to Beneteau Owners
I have had success with inserting the grease in a plastic straw and the flat end of the straw will fit easily between the shaft and the seal. Squeez a bit out and slide it around the shaft squeezing more out as you continue around.