Water tank treatments

jbf...@comcast.net

Apr 17, 2015, 8:10:19 PM4/17/15
to beneteau-owners
We have had several boats over the years and always put some bleach in the water tanks on each fill to keep them fresh.  We learned the hard way that during the hot summers on the Chesapeake that if we did not, we would quickly develop a bad odor.  Things were fine, but we have purchased a new B48 and they recommend Clonazione tablets.  I cannot find any information about this product.  Also, I started thinking about the several plastic fresh water fittings I had to replace on our B46 due to leaks.  Now I am wondering if Beneteau has been using fittings that are not resistant to higher levels of chlorine?  Any info, ideas, or input?

Sent from Xfinity Mobile App

Joker460

Apr 18, 2015, 2:19:38 PM4/18/15
to benetea...@googlegroups.com

sean

May 30, 2015, 8:00:27 AM5/30/15
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
a note that Hydrogen Peroxide works well and is less destructive. Dump in a bottle when you fill tanks.
My $.02
Sean