473 Oceanis Clipper adding fuel capacity

Glide2277

Oct 16, 2017, 5:51:52 PM10/16/17
to Beneteau Owners
Hi all
I am just about to buy an Oceanis Clipper--and am  wondering if anyone has added fuel capacity to the standard package...and if so, did you install new tanks, where did you put them, and how difficult was it to run the lines?
Thanks
Max

Rick L

Oct 17, 2017, 6:56:43 AM10/17/17
to Beneteau Owners
I know some of replaced the starboard, aft water tank with a 50 gallon fuel tank.  This tank is in the "garage", under a wooden panel.

or or

Oct 17, 2017, 12:13:21 PM10/17/17
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
We added a fuel tank under the stbd aft floorboards by replacing the existing water tank. At the same time we added a 'Filter Boss' system that allowed us to switch tanks. In addition it let us polish fuel (there are two filters and a pump that circulate fuel through a filter when at anchor) and also warns us when a filter gets clogged with a suction warning system. This saved us on numerous occasions. It also let us change filters without having to bleed the system. I highly recommend that system.

Beneteau has the replacement tank and Google Filter Boss for their official info. Mike Giannotti of Hartge Yacht Yard (now living in Vero Beach and an electrical engineer) designed and built the full system that gave us such excellent control over the fuel system. I switched tanks underway a number of times without problem. Contact me if you wish to contact Mike. For a fee he will provide a diagram of his most excellently designed system.

Cap Munday
S/V Zydeco
Beneteau 473

--
Largest Beneteau group, over **1121
** members and growing.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Beneteau Owners" group.

Maxwell Kennedy

I am just about to buy an Oceanis Clipper--and am  wondering if anyone has added fuel capacity to the standard package...and if so, did you install new tanks, where did you put them, and how difficult was it to run the lines?
Thanks
Max
--
Largest Beneteau group, over **1121
** members and growing.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Beneteau Owners" group.

Largest Beneteau group, over **1121
** members and growing.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Beneteau Owners" group.

Glide2277

Jun 25, 2019, 9:22:05 AM6/25/19
to Beneteau Owners
Hey Captain
Can you please give me the contact info for Mike the guy who designed your fuel line system ?
Tanks
Max