Auto pilot drive for Oceanis 350

sailordownunder

Apr 15, 2016, 7:52:40 PM4/15/16
to Beneteau Owners
Hi,
I've just joined this group because I've bought a Oceanis 350, 27 years old but in remarkable good condition. It has no auto pilot. I still have a brand new Navico/Simrad G-pilot, but without a drive unit. I'm thinking of buying a Raymarine rotary (sprocket) drive unit and wonder if anyone has experience with installing a (any) rotary drive unit in an Oceanis 350. Or any better ideas?
Thanks in advance

Johnny Ross

May 15, 2016, 9:30:57 PM5/15/16
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
Installed a Raymarine Type 1 Linear Drive on our Ben.351 a couple years back, to replace a wheel drive.  Have been very satisfied,  Mounting the drive is a little tricky, but doable. Good luck and welcome aboard.

--
Largest Beneteau group, over **1121
** members and growing.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Beneteau Owners" group.

Conchita Too

May 16, 2016, 4:14:05 PM5/16/16
to Beneteau Owners
Welcome :) I'm also new here and have just bought a 1990 350. I have ony taken her out once for a trial run since she is tied up in a probate process. Hope to have her released soon!
It has an autopilot installed. If you like I can post a picture.
Cheers and happy sailing

sailordownunder

May 16, 2016, 5:27:15 PM5/16/16
to Beneteau Owners
Thank you Sailrjohn and Conchita Too. If possible a few pics would be great. Access to the quadrant and rudder stock is limited, so any install suggestions are very welcome.
Cheers