B311 or 321 heater install location

Steve Mitchell

May 10, 2016, 11:47:27 PM5/10/16
to Beneteau Owners
I have a 2000 B311 and am planning on installing a Wallas diesel heater so I can have both heat while off the dock, and ventilation and circulation at other times.  The boat already has a Cruisair AC-only air conditioner underneath the main galley sink which I am not keen on removing.

I'm looking for suggestions as to locations for the heater based on other B311 or 321 owners.

My two current front runner areas are:

Somehow in the lazarette - this is easy to power, and easy to get fuel, but hard to get the actual heating ducts to the living spaces.

Under the galley sink next to the AC unit. Cramped here, not sure it will fit, and the exhaust is what worries me the most - coming out the side of the hull, and it could potentially be near the water while heeled.

The heater has to be within a decent length of the diesel tank in the stern, near enough to run pipes to the living area for heat and return air, and near the hull somewhere to run the exhaust.

Any other suggestions of where to site this would be much appreciated!