Beneteau 411 - House battery 4d or 8d

RichSail99

Apr 4, 2018, 12:06:29 PM4/4/18
to Beneteau Owners
My new to me 411 needs a house battery replacement.  Anybody have any thoughts on a size 4d vs 8d?  These are truck/commercial batteries  and the 8d is 2.5" wider.  Will the 8d fit in the same location under the companionway steps?

Kidd, James

Apr 4, 2018, 12:21:22 PM4/4/18
to benetea...@googlegroups.com

My only input is:

The 4D’s are heavy enough. I literally screwed up my back moving them.

I would not want to try and move 8D’s into a small space every 6 years or so…

James A Kidd

Key Account Manager

jk...@kaydon.com

james....@skf.com

617-448-2575 cell/office

231-755-4102 fax

www.kaydonbearings.com

--
Largest Beneteau group, over **1121
** members and growing.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Beneteau Owners" group.

Bill Jarvis

Apr 4, 2018, 12:40:57 PM4/4/18
to benetea...@googlegroups.com

I don’t know the answer to your specific question but one thought that occurs to me is that the 8D is significantly heavier than the 4D. Even the 4D is quite heavy to move around and install.

Bill

My new to me 411 needs a house battery replacement.  Anybody have any thoughts on a size 4d vs 8d?  These are truck/commercial batteries  and the 8d is 2.5" wider.  Will the 8d fit in the same location under the companionway steps?

Skip Ryan

Mark Stillwell

Apr 4, 2018, 1:54:12 PM4/4/18
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
You might want to check that the replacement batteries deep cycle. The truck batteries are not deep cycle.

We just updated our house bank w six 6V....about 62 lbs each

Sent from my iPhone
Mark Stillwell
To post to this group, send email to Benetea...@googlegroups.com

contact denny.we...@gmail.com, or ume...@comcast.net if you have a list management question
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Beneteau Owners" group.

Mark J Wilme

Apr 4, 2018, 2:00:57 PM4/4/18
to beneteau-owners
we replaced our flooded lead acids with Lifeline AGMs a few years ago - was able to get 4x 6v's in there for a house bank.  I can dig out my post on this topic from back then if you need it

Mark Wilme
Mark....@Gmail.com