Thru hulls

davidcfletcher

Apr 28, 2016, 10:05:39 AM4/28/16
to Beneteau Group

Has anyone changed the thru hull fittings to flanged seacocks on their B.

Can the pan liner be opened up enough to allow for the mounting of a seacock?

Fletch

Sent from my Samsung device

Mark J Wilme

Apr 28, 2016, 10:38:41 AM4/28/16
to beneteau-owners
I looked at it and even bought the flanged bronze grocco fittings but then realized how much work it would be so I returned the flanged units and just installed the ones wit the threaded stems, oversize washers/backing plates and nuts

There is probably a post in the archives with some pics

Mark Wilme
Mark....@Gmail.com

--
Largest Beneteau group, over **1121
** members and growing.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Beneteau Owners" group.

Skye Cove

Apr 28, 2016, 11:33:15 AM4/28/16
to beneteau-owners
I replaced mine with flanged grocco. Was mostly fine. A couple tight spots required creativity but otherwise quite happy with outcome. What do you want to know?

-s

ume...@comcast.net

Apr 28, 2016, 12:17:52 PM4/28/16
to beneteau-owners
I installed flanged thru hulls for two reasons: most important to me, I wanted more meat. In some places I measured only 1/2" thick hull. We fabricated 1/2" thick G10 flanges which I epoxide on the inside of the hull. Second reason was the ability to install elbows. It allows for reorganizing the plumbing. In my case, I wanted to gain more storage area. The elbows allowed me to redress the tubing that it lays flat on the hull inside. I used the same hole saw size which was use for the flanges to open up the inner liner. The thickness of the saw blade is your clearance. Additional benefit: flanges come with predrilled holes for grounds.

Jeff Taylor

Apr 28, 2016, 12:34:31 PM4/28/16
to benetea...@googlegroups.com
When you cut the inner panel with your holesaw you are replacing that with half inch H type glass from Jamestown distributors to be glassed in as a backing for the flange thru hull, that way the flange itself is sitting on over 1 inch of solid thick glass

Sent from my iPhone.
Jeff Taylor