Smooth bottom

wewag...@gmail.com

Nov 30, 2017, 2:53:55 PM11/30/17
to Benetea...@googlegroups.com
I have a few small chips in bottom paint (ablative) and I wasn't to smooth out. Do I sand and then fill in with paint or do I put paint in opening and then sand?
Any best way?
Bill

Sent from my iPhone

iamdave

Nov 30, 2017, 6:26:50 PM11/30/17
to Beneteau Owners
I've never had a smooth bottom for very long with an ablative paint.  You need something like VC-17 for that.

Btbogdan46

Dec 1, 2017, 8:02:56 AM12/1/17
to Beneteau Owners
A way to handle the problem of pain chips and still get a smooth bottom is to fair the edges after sanding the entire bottom, but before painting the bottom. That will give you the smoothest result. Don't sand away new good bottom paint unless you are racing and want the best smoothest finish.